Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Hungary Touring (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/140-hungary-touring/)
-   -   Lake Balaton - Hungary (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/140-hungary-touring/12496-lake-balaton-hungary.html)

GROUNDHOG 15-04-2006 20:11

Lake Balaton - Hungary

Does anyone have experience of touring in Hungary, especially Lake Balaton area and is it safe to wild camp? If not any good touring sites?

Appreciate any information please.

Thanks.

pam2002 23-02-2008 11:12

zulurita 23-02-2008 17:08

Hi,

I do not think you can wild camp in the area. We stayed at a campsite near Siofok and used camping cheques.

fatwallet 24-02-2008 10:02

hungry

we toured hungry last september and used the sites out of the caravan club europe book lots of sites around the lake did not see anybody wild camping so i guess not aloud. the driving in budapest is crazy they don't have a minute to live. len

darach 22-03-2008 18:18

Just drove through Hungary last week and travelled right down the top side of the lake, but we were in a car, saw loads of campsites everywhere, the whole area was pretty empty, probably the time of year. At the bottom end of the lake 5 kms north is a town called Heviz, which has a thermally heated lake, definitely worth going to and the town is nice and small and neat. Hungary is not an eastern block country anymore and we felt totally safe the whole time we were there. Budapest is a must preferably stay outside and bus or train in. But a lovely city to visit. If you want more info, come back to me and I will try to help.
Derek & Bel

cilkad 22-03-2008 23:25

We were at the campsite in Heviz at the end of February and really enojed it (it's in the database). They accept ACSI card - 12 EUR. In the town we saw two signs for stellplatz as well.
We saw more campsites but they were still closed. Didn't see anyone wildcamping, though.
Regards,
Cilka

racheal 15-07-2013 06:10

For camping you can try these :

Zugligeti Niche Camping
Camping Haller
Camping Papsziget
Kék-Duna Camping
Öko-Park Camping
Dorcas Christian Camping Centre

andrewball1000 15-07-2013 08:45

1 Attachment(s)
got bitten to death at the western end of the lake in June last year. Had to leave after one night. Hot and humid conditions were perfect for them just then.

chrisgog 31-07-2013 16:30

Hi we are looking for where to go on Lake Balaton too.
We are at Camping Panorama near Heviz/ Keszthely at the moment and its a lovely site but need to move on now as been here 6 nights.
Do we go North of the lake from here or to the south side?
Can anyone recommend good campsites that are not all singing and dancing as we just want a nice site in a nice area without paying through the nose for things we do not require such as entertainment etc.
Would rather stay on campsites nearer the lake now or where we can walk out at night to see things. Which towns should we visit too? Any advice great fully received. Thanks
cHRIS

Phil42 31-07-2013 17:01

Try Balatonfured, a town with a bit of character and a campsite right on the lake.

I'll try to find the info.

Also a nice lakeside site at Revfulop.

Phil