hungary toll purchase - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 25-07-2013, 14:28 Thread Starter

hungary toll purchase

Hi. We are by zagreb in croatia now and heading to hungary tomorrow. Where do I buy the vignette to access toll roads. Prefer face to face than online purchasr ad poor wifi. We are ovet 3.5 ton too. Quick replies today appreciated. Thanks all. Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 25-07-2013, 14:48

My Motorhome: Autotrail Dakota Super Lowline
Personal Aire
Hi Chris, never been to Hungary but a bit of googling suggests that you should be able to buy a vignette at service stations close to the border or at the border crossing itself. It looks like your MH will fall into the B2 class and the vignette will be 49.81euro for a week or 81.78euro for a month. Hopefully someone with first hand experience will be along soon!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 25-07-2013, 15:03

Hi Chris,

We were in Hungary in 2009. You could pay the toll at petrol stations near the motorway. You didn't actually get a vignette, just a receipt. Cameras checked whether you had paid - quite an advanced system. I assume it's still the same.

Phil

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 25-07-2013, 15:29

All info here

http://www.motorway.hu/Toll-tariffs/Pricing-2013/

you can purchase on line.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 25-07-2013, 20:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil42
Hi Chris,

We were in Hungary in 2009. You could pay the toll at petrol stations near the motorway. You didn't actually get a vignette, just a receipt. Cameras checked whether you had paid - quite an advanced system. I assume it's still the same.

Phil
Still the same - we were in Hungary in May this year. See our blog for campsite info

Carol and Anthony of Salford
Smell the flowers while you can

http://www.candakubicki.blogspot.com
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 25-07-2013, 20:38

We used to live in Hungary and Phil42 is correct that you can buy it at most petrol stations near the motorways. You just need to tell them your reg number, country and type of vehicle.

You must go to Lake Balaton and Budapest - both lovely!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 25-07-2013, 21:27 Thread Starter

Thanks all. Internet is SO slow here. Information is all good. Will stop at service stations and ask tomorrow. Heading for lake balaton.......probably by Herviz first but open to suggestions. Will start at Croatian end first anyway. FOR those who have been which sites are mosquito free and it is due to reach 38 degrees too. We have till end of august. Will be able to read your replies via email but cant use the links and its taken me all day for the reply box to open to thank you all. We need to keep campsite fees low and 10 to 20 pounds would be good if possible. Any advice welcome. Will update where we end up. Hope you get this reply now. Cant wait for good wifi signal soon. Chris
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 26-07-2013, 20:50 Thread Starter

Hi all. Special thanks again for taking the time to reply. Bit of a new experience getting here. Asked at service stations approaching borders and nothing there. Turned off motorway just before crossing border on motorway and went to a garage and couple shops. Told no vignette there that it was 5 km on the motorway. Everything around the border crossing there was closed down too and seemed like a ghost town. We decide to get back on motorway and retrace our steps only to find we could only go back towards zagreb so a bit of reversing and we then pulled up at the ghost town border crossing again. Croatian officials said that they didnt know where to buy vignette in hungary. They had a token gesture look in van and passports then waived us on. When we got to Hungarian border we stopped and that was more deserted and nobody came out so we just drove in on the number 7 road. We saw sign for vignette so followed it and ended up in a residential street with all the locals staring so gave up and made tracks to get on hungarian motorway. We got on and drove for about 6-10 miles and saw a vignette sign so we got off motorway again and followed signs to a hotel! They were selling the vignette. Girl gave me a months ticket and said ok for under 3.5 ton. So we paid 20euroes! Now I will worry if we get stopped and they see 3.8 ton. She didnt want to see my log book or anything so fingers crossed. Seems its like buying a tax disc. On reflection we would have been better staying on the motorway. Anyway we are here and pulled into Camp Panorama near Hevis Its 16 euroes with electric and a tiny pool to cool down in and no mosquitoes so far. Thanks again all. Chris
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 26-07-2013, 20:57 Thread Starter

Hi all. Special thanks again for taking the time to reply. Bit of a new experience getting here. Asked at service stations approaching borders and nothing there. Turned off motorway just before crossing border on motorway and went to a garage and couple shops. Told no vignette there that it was 5 km on the motorway. Everything around the border crossing there was closed down too and seemed like a ghost town. We decide to get back on motorway and retrace our steps only to find we could only go back towards zagreb so a bit of reversing and we then pulled up at the ghost town border crossing again. Croatian officials said that they didnt know where to buy vignette in hungary. They had a token gesture look in van and passports then waived us on. When we got to Hungarian border we stopped and that was more deserted and nobody came out so we just drove in on the number 7 road. We saw sign for vignette so followed it and ended up in a residential street with all the locals staring so gave up and made tracks to get on hungarian motorway. We got on and drove for about 6-10 miles and saw a vignette sign so we got off motorway again and followed signs to a hotel! They were selling the vignette. Girl gave me a months ticket and said ok for under 3.5 ton. So we paid 20euroes! Now I will worry if we get stopped and they see 3.8 ton. She didnt want to see my log book or anything so fingers crossed. Seems its like buying a tax disc. On reflection we would have been better staying on the motorway. Anyway we are here and pulled into Camp Panorama near Hevis Its 16 euroes with electric and a tiny pool to cool down in and no mosquitoes so far. Thanks again all. Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page