Plitvice Lakes Croatia - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 15-07-2010, 22:20 Thread Starter

Sounds great. Hope we get there now.
Thanks EVERyone
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 20-07-2010, 17:55

My Motorhome: 1994 Hymer B644 (Fiat Ducato)
Is it possible to cycle from Camp Korana to the lakes or is it really hilly? We would have one child in a tag a long and 3 others on their own bikes.

Thanks, NS
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 20-07-2010, 19:50

PLITVICE

If Koruna is the northerly Camping Cheques site it is probably too far and too hilly for children to cycle. Just take the van and park there - secure and plenty of room.

We stayed for 5-6 hours and I think I paid about 48 Kuna (about £6). There is a bus from the site but its 20kuna each (for adults anyway) so for 2 people not much difference. The problem with the bus is it leaves at 9am and doesn't return until 5pm which would have been much too long for us.

We started at entrance 2, caught the internal bus to the top (south end) and then did the full tour round quite comfortably to return at around 2:30 to 3pm. I would have thought that unless your children are very young the full tour is quite manageable for them providing the weather is OK. Beware though that Croatia can get very hot (like 38degrees) in July/August.

Whatever you do, don't miss the Rastoke at Slunj, just up the road. Well worth visiting, even if it meant a 50 mile detour. Apart from a small entrance charge to the actual Rastoke, the main views are free and its as impressive as Plitvice in its own way.

Also, as this is a Croatia thread, if you have the time, visit Bosnia. We spent 6 days visiting Blagaj, Mostar and Sarajevo but I would happily have explored much further into the country had we had more time. It just needs a bit more research compared to Croatia.

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 26-07-2010, 14:09

We were at plitvice last week, ultimately we didn't go in as the weather was atrocious. parking at either entrance is plentiful and plenty of room for MHs 7 kuna for a car 70 kuna for a MH !! There are 2 campsites within easy driving distance of the gates, you cant miss them, but it is a long relentless uphill slog to the gates so only cycle it if your'e in training for the tour d France, also quite a busy road so not great for youngsters on bikes.

We just had a great day at Krka nationl park, it's like a mini Plitvice with the added bonus that you can swim in the pool of the lower waterfall. you can take a free shuttle boat from Skradin marina or park for free at the other entrance. entrance fee is 95 Kuna for adults, you can take a further boat trip along the krka gorge for an additional fee. it's a more compact place than Plitvice, so you feel you can see all there is to see in a single day. Highly recommended

Mick and Anna.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 28-07-2010, 16:14 Thread Starter

Thanks all, At lake Bled in Slovania now and heading that way next week
Chris
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 31-08-2010, 16:36 Thread Starter

We went to the lakes after and enjoyed but a word of warning:-

Do not pay your parking ticket at the booth auntil you are ready to leave as you have only 30 mins to use the ticket. I thought I would save time and pay when we arrived. Had to buy another ticket for about £3 for a n hour to leave at end of the day.
Chris

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page