Well, to the start of the journey....

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Enjoy Jean and safe travels.

On a countdown ourselves.

Terry

#3 ·
Aren't you going the wrong way Jean. We were expecting to see you soon.

Ray.

#6 · (Edited)
If it's this Friday 22nd. I will be out for a couple of hours 15.00 to 17.00 but Prue will be here. Cooking.!!!!

Ray.

#16 ·
Crossing has been pretty calm, thank goodness. Forgot to bring the maps up with me and realise I don't have any offline maps on the phone. So much for planning!

Internet connection very poor, possibly due to the hundreds of French pupils on the boat! We'd also a good number of very large Irish caravans, complete with lots of children tho I haven't seen them on board. Guess they're not at school then. The ones I shared a lift with, he said Did you bring the gin with you? Well, I guess if you're stuck in the cabin with little ones...

Very grey day but not raining.

#19 ·
It was you was heading home Ray!

Drove through miles of primrose-clad verges - beautiful! Met up with Ray n Prue n put the world to rights over a cuppa. Out for a walk and hadn't realised what dreadful neighbours Ray n Prue must be - see the cannon either side of the entrance here!

Beautiful sunshine and a glass of red in the local village - what's not to like?!

Attachments

#20 ·
Just printed my latest mobile bill out Jean and it's 20GB when in France and only 2GB any other country for €4.99.

Ray.

#21 ·
Had a really lovely time catching up with Ray and Prue. And Ray, stop teasing me with that sim deal - which isn't available any more!! You were very lucky to catch it.

A couple of photos of Ray's place. I didn't see any wildlife this time but have seen deer before in the field in front. Loads of room, EHU, water if you need it. And A1 hosts.

Attachments

#22 ·
Dandered down to SĂ©es - the parking I was going to was cut off by the market so decided to head for campsite (via extremely narrow streets) - closed! So took a different route round the back of the town to the parking. On the edge of a playing field. Seems quiet enough, except that as I arrived someone in a vehicle was playing their radio. Took some time to realise it was me - hahaha!! I'll probably shift to nearer the entrance later, it's more level there. But to be honest it's probably fine.

I enjoyed the trip down and rather like the 80k/hr limit as I can enjoy the countryside without stressing about holding traffic up.

Just enjoyed a massive leg of lamb and flagelot beans with camembert - delicious.

Now to have another look at the wonderful cathedral.

Attachments

#28 ·
Dandered down to SĂ©es - the parking I was going to was cut off by the market so decided to head for campsite (via extremely narrow streets) - closed! So took a different route round the back of the town to the parking. On the edge of a playing field. Seems quiet enough, except that as I arrived someone in a vehicle was playing their radio. Took some time to realise it was me - hahaha!! I'll probably shift to nearer the entrance later, it's more level there. But to be honest it's probably fine.

I enjoyed the trip down and rather like the 80k/hr limit as I can enjoy the countryside without stressing about holding traffic up.

Just enjoyed a massive leg of lamb and flagelot beans with camembert - delicious.

Now to have another look at the wonderful cathedral.
For future reference the Intermarche on the outskirts of Sees has a service only Aire and also MH parking bays just over from the filling station. The supermarket is very good and just a short walk to the centre of Sees.

Terry

Attachments

#25 ·
Blimey, according to what I'm seeing you posted that a day ago Alan - like the rest of the posts today.... Oops, I see my phone time is showing Sunday 24th March. How on earth can that happen?! I shall investigate.

In the meantime, I don't understand why the png file is being rejected - any ideas?

#29 ·
Hi Jean

On another forum I have come across the situation that whilst I had reduced the File Size to less than 1mb when 10mb were acceptable the file would not load. The pictures original size was 6000 X 4000 pixels and when I halved those figures it loaded and I could have loaded it if the file size was 9mb.

Doug.

#33 ·
LitPhoto doesn't give you the option to save as a different name but it does save to a separate LitPhoto folder, so keeping your original safe. Tho there is an option to delete the original.

Satnav is great I'm glad to say. It took a very long time to pick up a satellite signal when I first got off the boat and I was apprehensive. But since then, grand!

#34 ·
Getting back to the trip!

I didn't find SĂ©es cathedral so wonderful this time - perhaps the sun was shining through the stained glass last time? Yesterday it was pretty soulless and absolutely freezing - no wonder they don't use it for services during the winter!

Having gone to the service in the basilica (much more ornate, very dark) I headed for La Loupe. I didn't want to go directly to Chartres as I've been on these roads many times. La Loupe was a bit of a disappointment in that the aire was sharing the square with a fairground, with very loud music. A definite no-no for me so I didn't even empty the loo never mind have a look at the town (another time). So on to Courville-sur-Eure - what a happy find - lovely green area with river alongside, lake over the road, nice walks, would be a nice wee town but everything closed on Sunday (except the fruit n veg shop, strangely). And all free (tho services cost).

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.