Map for Croatia - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 23-04-2014, 13:22
hmh

Map for Croatia

In a lot of the places where you might want to wild camp, space is pretty restricted, the areas by the sea are beautiful, if it were possible everyone would do it.

It is a bit like Portugal, where for the same reasons, you might just as well give up and use a campsite.

In Spain on the other hand, there is often plenty of space !

Helen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 23-04-2014, 13:56

Geoff - It's in the Zakon o Ugostiteljskoj Djelatnosti, which literally translates as The Catering Industry Act but generally known as the Tourism Act, Part V, Article 27. Sorry for any confusion. Hope that helps.

In fact since just looking it up I see I was wrong re the fines as they have changed to between 2000HRK and 15000HRK.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 23-04-2014, 15:21

Hmm funny that I have never been asked to move in Croatia, Spain Sicily and Gibraltar yes ,but nowhere else in the 22 countries we visited... And only because we parked up with some local vans and they moved us all on, when ever we have been on our own no problems..

So not convinced...

ray.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 23-04-2014, 15:48

Well the whole Act is available to read online if anyone is interested http://www.zakon.hr/z/151/Zakon-o-ug...oj-djelatnosti
though I'm sure it will not change your mind Ray.
post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 23-04-2014, 16:59

Quote:
Glasandra"]Well the whole Act is available to read online if anyone is interested http://www.zakon.hr/z/151/Zakon-o-ug...oj-djelatnosti
though I'm sure it will not change your mind Ray.
Hey up.

I have read it and it applies to nationals involved with catering and laws around that..

If you are parked up in a spot that is clearly for local and foreign visitors to stop in, and they haven't put up the no camping symbol, and you do not put any chairs tables or anything outside your van, you are deemed not to be camping even though you might be asleep in your van...

You might be asked to move and it would be prudent to do that, and who want's to wild camp in someone's back garden.. Choose you spot stay for the night and move on, some places you can stay longer, there will already no doubt be some local vans already there..

It's using your noggin like everything else in life, nobody is out to get you, folk would rather be nice and help, or that is what I have found.

ray.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page