Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat - View Single Post - Rod Licence

Thread: Rod Licence
View Single Post
post #7 of (permalink) Old 18-04-2015, 00:17
Senior Member
jncrowe's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pilling Preston Lancashire
My Motorhome: Trigano tribute Van
Posts: 336
Thanks: 9
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have been reliably informed that you need a licence to fish in just about any freshwater locations even a bath in your yard !!
Quote from Post office info on Rod Fishing Licence
""Stay on the right side of the law
Make sure you are fishing legally. Any angler aged 12 or over, fishing for salmon, trout, freshwater fish, smelt or eels in England (except the River Tweed), Wales and the Border Esk (and its tributaries in Scotland) must have an Environment Agency Rod Fishing Licence. ""
Fishing clubs or Fisheries do not have a "licence" that covers the people who fish there
I have fished all over the UK and have had my licence inspected on numerous occasions
I live on a fishery and have my own area of Lake to fish in and I still need a licence.
Tight Lines XX
jncrowe is offline  
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome