Quickest/Shortest/First(?) MHF Meet in Poland

5K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  aldra 
#1 ·
Was the MHF Meet in Katowice last night the

Quickest to organise

The Shortest

Maybe the First

In Poland.

It was organised yesterday morning for yesterday evening.

All pitches had hard-standing and EHU, and there were cassette point, fresh water hose and grey waste dump available.

Attendees; John (HurricaneSmith), Janet and Hans (Janhank), Geoff and Basia.

Catering: Basia, in our apartment.

Social: Very, despite all being newly acquainted, probably helped by copious wine and beer over 5 hour period.

Although we knew that the other two MHs were around and we might see them sometime/somewhere the whole thing came together yesterday, partly due to the weather last week and this.

We have now increased by 100% (from 2 to 4) the number of MHF Members we have met personally and it was a pleasure for us to have them here.

One MH is now heading South to the Slowakian Tatra Mts. and the other West in Poland.

Jan supplied with a Bio sachette to test in the cassette - she had not heard of that substitute for 'Green' or 'Blue' fluid.

We wish them good trips.

Geoff and Basia

See less See more
#3 ·
Want a hint :wink2:

tony

#8 ·
First MHF Members Meet in Poland!!!

I'd like to thank both you and Basia for making us all so welcome. You were the consummate host and Basia the perfect hostess. Please also thank Basia for allowing me to scrump some red currants this morning.........I'll woof them down tonight!

It was a pleasure to visit your home and a thrill to know that you had invited Janet & Hans and that they were arriving too. It was a grand evening and lovely to put faces to everyone's names. A lot of good chat and many laughs!!!

Like you, I had only ever met one MHF member on my travels before, and that was "peejay" at a sosta up on a hill at San Marino.

I've been amazed at how little it costs to tour in Poland, especially diesel, camping and food. Less than a tenner for a campsite pitch with full facilities, un-metered electricity, and free wi-fi. With the unbelievably lovely hills a short drive from you, you are a lucky man!!!

I hope Janet & Hans have a safe drive up in the Tatra Mountains......It's a lovely road. Safe travelling to you too!!!

#13 ·
You makei it sound as though it is voluntary - it's a hang-over from the bureaucratic ex-Communist system.

But we do make it a holiday also - this year will be Mosel, France, UK, ferry to Santander, Pyrenees, transit France, Germany.

Anyway, after 12 years the MH has still only done 33,000 miles - it is a good thing I got a low-mileage one 6 years ago.:smile2:

Geoff

#15 ·
The third Musketeer

This is my 4th attempt to respond to Geoff, hope it works this time.
Sorry for the headache we caused you and Basia because of the Navi breakdown.
Now I think I also have a computer breakdown, its doing its own thing.
Thanks to you both for the wonderful welcome into your home, it really didn´t feel as if we were strangers did it?
For those that don't know, Basia is lovely, Geoff´s alright as well :grin2:.
Would like to say more, but this thing (computer) is being a pain in the butt.
Jan

#16 ·
This is my 4th attempt to respond to Geoff, hope it works this time.
Sorry for the headache we caused you and Basia because of the Navi breakdown.
Now I think I also have a computer breakdown, its doing its own thing.
Thanks to you both for the wonderful welcome into your home, it really didn´t feel as if we were strangers did it?
For those that don't know, Basia is lovely, Geoff´s alright as well :grin2:.
Would like to say more, but this thing (computer) is being a pain in the butt.
Jan
Yeah, she's too good for him! :grin2:

Whats up with the Computer Jan? Can we help?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.