Highway Robbery in Poland - Page 5 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 43 (permalink) Old 20-12-2013, 13:03

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Ray

There is now quite a lot of the road network which is non-Motorway but is now covered by the VIA Toll (GO-type) box system for vehicles over 3.5t.

But as I said above I believe UK vehicles are not in the system.

Do satnavs differentiate between tolls for all vehicles and ones for over 3.5t?

Geoff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 43 (permalink) Old 20-12-2013, 13:41

Hi.

If your navigator is up to date any toll roads should be known, so if you put in non toll roads that is what you should get.

So far this year we have been through France, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Croatia, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Italy, Sicily, Italy again, France, Spain, Portugal all non tolls without any problems, when we came into Portugal there was an off shoot off the road which said foreigners use this lane which took us to a toll booth that took a couple of euros from our Debit Card and gave us a print out with our registration number on from a number recognition camera, presumably so we can use toll roads and the toll will be taken automatically from the registered card, but we don't use toll roads!.

But there again we are not time restrained, set off and you haven't much time to spare for your trip you might have to use toll roads, along with any headaches involved with using them, my point is you can go a long way without any hassle's if you want,and the advantage is you actually see whatever country you happen to be in and you have to interact with it's inhabitants to make yourself understood.

ray.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
post #43 of 43 (permalink) Old 20-12-2013, 14:17

Brilliant Ray we hope to do similar at some stage
maybe get together when you return to listen to your advice
Kev and Sue

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page