Autogas Turkey - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 20-10-2013, 23:33 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: N&B Arto
Autogas Turkey

Can you tell us which adaptor we need for Turkey please. We have all 4 main ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-10-2013, 09:16

Hi blaine

I think that this might help, it says the same as France and lots of stations.

Where are you planning to visit, we have done Turkey about 11 times by pedal cycle and love it, would like to go with the motorhome.

Martin

oops no link

http://autotraveler.ru/en/spravka/lp...l#.UmTTsih4E-Y
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-10-2013, 09:50

My Motorhome: Hymer B504 on Ducato 2.8jtd
Personal Aire
The cup or dish adaptor is the main one used in Turkey....

You'll have no problem finding Autogas (Otogaz) there as its widely available, if a little pricey, around £1 a litre last year.

Also, if you do a big fill with diesel, LPG or both they will usually wash your van free of charge.

Pete

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-10-2013, 10:34 Thread Starter

Autogas Turkey

Thanks Peejay. Autogas this year [just had flight for Hol] appears better value as in Marmaris the exchange was 3.3 !!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-10-2013, 10:47

Just to add to PJ's info the auto gas in some parts of Turkey is made up off 25% propane and 75% butane. If you fill up in Turkey and then come across extreme low temperatures elsewhere you could have a problem.

In 2004 the Turks had to "winterise" the auto gas due to very low temperatures. The problem was with the tanks in car boots of vehicles than run on Autogas. You should not have any problem if your LPG bottle is in a gas locker, if you have an external tank you might have problems.

There are two types of diesel Motorin and Euro Diesel. Motorin is cheaper, I used it from 2002 onwards and never had any problems.

The latest fuel prices are diesel TL4.7 about £1.60 per litre these are from well known branded stations. You can get it considerably cheaper in some places though.

Also Turkey has now switched to electronic visas see https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopti...or-turkey.html

Current exchange rate today is TL3.19 to the pound sterling.

Safe travelling.

Don
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-10-2013, 10:53 Thread Starter

Autogas Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanFlair
Hi blaine

I think that this might help, it says the same as France and lots of stations.

Where are you planning to visit, we have done Turkey about 11 times by pedal cycle and love it, would like to go with the motorhome.

Martin

oops no link

http://autotraveler.ru/en/spravka/lp...l#.UmTTsih4E-Y
Thanks for that.
We have been trying to decide a route to go and have decided ferry from Ancona to Igoumenista both ways as this will give us max time in Turkey.
As we visited Istanbul previously we are thinking of entering at Ipsala then down to Gelibolu and ferry to Lapseki. I have printed a timetable and fare list for this route and as it quotes buses trucks etc. I assume Motorhomes will be OK [unless someone knows different] We'll then make our way southerly to the Med coast. So if anyone has any must do or don't do, we will be grateful to hear.
We hope to have about 4 weeks in Turkey.
Have just had e mail from Superfast ferries saying camping on deck ok April - Oct but van needs to be in "closed garage still this will be followed in the new year when hopefully we can start to get prices.
Just changed our Hobby Alkoven for a N&B Arto, love the extra space.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-10-2013, 11:06 Thread Starter

Autogas Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Madge
Just to add to PJ's info the auto gas in some parts of Turkey is made up off 25% propane and 75% butane. If you fill up in Turkey and then come across extreme low temperatures elsewhere you could have a problem.

In 2004 the Turks had to "winterise" the auto gas due to very low temperatures. The problem was with the tanks in car boots of vehicles than run on Autogas. You should not have any problem if your LPG bottle is in a gas locker, if you have an external tank you might have problems.

There are two types of diesel Motorin and Euro Diesel. Motorin is cheaper, I used it from 2002 onwards and never had any problems.

The latest fuel prices are diesel TL4.7 about £1.60 per litre these are from well known branded stations. You can get it considerably cheaper in some places though.

Also Turkey has now switched to electronic visas see https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopti...or-turkey.html
Current exchange rate today is TL3.19 to the pound sterling.

Safe travelling.

Don
Thanks Don. That's what I like about these forums the info you get back is amazing.
Also regarding visa. We have just returned by air and our visa was paid for on entry at the airport. Be good to do it before we go, does it cause hold ups at the border?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-10-2013, 11:26

That route is OK been using it for some time. When to you plan to travel?

When does your current tourist visa expire?

Don
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-10-2013, 11:58 Thread Starter

Autogas Turkey

Going first week in Sept back middle Oct. This year visa from Oct 4th, cant remember how long it is but will expire by next trip
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-10-2013, 12:02

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Blaine

Welcome to the Arto club Which model?

The Arto is my first MH so I have no comparisons, but I am very pleased - especially the garage space in the 69GL and I would hate to be without a garage that size.

Geoff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page