Ferry from Ancona to Greece on route to Turkey - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 19-10-2013, 12:42 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: N&B Arto
Ferry from Ancona to Greece on route to Turkey

Anyone any current info regarding cost, ability to camp on board the ferry to Greece on route to Turkey Sept 2014. Concerned about state of roads and delays going overland. Any advice or comments welcomed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 19-10-2013, 13:15

My Motorhome: Hymer B504 on Ducato 2.8jtd
Personal Aire
Hi,

You'll probably have to wait until around Dec/Jan before all the operators release their prices for 2014.
Have a look at my previous post to give you an idea of this years prices, one thing is certain, prices won't go down next year.....

https://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopic...1.html#1348641

Camping on board is usually available Apr - Oct but Minoan didn't do it for 2013 on that route, only Anek and Superfast, its all in the previous link.

Pete
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 19-10-2013, 16:43

hi,

used the minian line ferry this year, and booked camping on board all inclusuve, cabin, fantastic dinner, and camper on deck,no hookup,because they couldent find an outlet, but the solars kept everything ok. about 380 return,best bit was the 20% discount for aa breakdown card, and the card was out of date........,new one at home.!

try and book on the cruise ship,lots of facilities,we were on the artic ship,400 hundred wagon drivers and us, felt a bit silly,i,d dressed for dinner...., but everybody on the ship were so helpful, and because there was no wifi, meditranian shrug, but told to undo phone in cabin and attach computor to incoming line,easy peasy.

we took our chillbox, and small electric kettle, and played picnics.,showers really great,loads of hot water,towels,etc.

couldent knock the trip at all, but next time will try for the cruise ship,theres only 2,so not a lot of planning....

mags

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 26-05-2014, 15:41 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: N&B Arto
Update for anyone looking to book camping on board Anek/Superfast Ancona to Igoumenitsa.
There was absolutely no room [7m] left for any where near the dates we wanted, 2 Sept out 6 Oct back.
Contacted the companies direct and used Viamare.

Finally booked Minoan line deal of camping on board but given a cabin.
Just hope we can upgrade to outside cabin on the day [I get claustrophobic] . £481.02
Don't know how anyone will fare if they just turn up as we lost availability from last Friday to today. So decided not to take the chance.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page