LPG availability in Morocco - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 18-07-2010, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by loddy
We have an american set up but I believe with Gaslow you can replace the end that goes on the bottle with part no 01-6010/01-1665, see their website

Loddy
Thanks.
And thanks Neil.

Neil - are you saying the bottles you find at the side of the road have a socket that matches the screw-in propane connector that goes in the gaslow/calor bottle?

And Loddy - the 1665 adapter, does that connect to the 6010 adapter so you need both?

In which case is our choice either random bottle from road or camping gaz?

We're just trying to calculate how long we can last on a bottle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 18-07-2010, 16:55

We have an adapter that allows us to connect a camping gaz 907 2.72kg screw in bottle to our normal Calor connector. In Morocco we bought a full Blue bottle for 60DH (about £5.00) these are available everywhere some places in different colours. This is the same as the 907 bottles but a lot more beaten up. The last replacement bottle cost 10DH (about 80p) a lot cheaper than camping gaz at £20+ We always leave Maroc with a full bottle and when we return get the now empty one replaced. A bottle lasts us about 25 days but we only need gas for the hob & oven as we have diesel heating and a compressor fridge 12v.
The bottom of pans and the kettle get slightly sooty, but this year they didnít get quite as dirty and we have not had any problems. There are bigger bottles available but we donít have the space for them, a 907 type bottle and the adapter that sits on top are an equal height to our Calor 4.5kg bottles so it fits easily into our gas locker
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 18-07-2010, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethnicall
We have an adapter that allows us to connect a camping gaz 907 2.72kg screw in bottle to our normal Calor connector. In Morocco we bought a full Blue bottle for 60DH (about £5.00) these are available everywhere some places in different colours. This is the same as the 907 bottles but a lot more beaten up. The last replacement bottle cost 10DH (about 80p) a lot cheaper than camping gaz at £20+ We always leave Maroc with a full bottle and when we return get the now empty one replaced. A bottle lasts us about 25 days but we only need gas for the hob & oven as we have diesel heating and a compressor fridge 12v.
The bottom of pans and the kettle get slightly sooty, but this year they didnít get quite as dirty and we have not had any problems. There are bigger bottles available but we donít have the space for them, a 907 type bottle and the adapter that sits on top are an equal height to our Calor 4.5kg bottles so it fits easily into our gas locker
I concur

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 18-07-2010, 19:40

Activecampers.

The simple answer is no not quite.

Your propane bottle will probably have a male end with left handed thread. I did not find any bottles in Morocco that would have been compatible with this conection.

Your gaslw bottle will have a smaller female end and this fitted the morocan butane bottles.

Hope this helps

neil
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 18-07-2010, 20:49

Well - I *knew* I had a normal propane tail so was a little confusded. Just went out and checked...

I have :

as well as the float gauge, so in effect my normal "calor propane" connector goes into this, and this connects to the gaslow bottle.

So if I understand you correct, I could just continue to use this adapter with the moroccan bottles.

Now a, possibly stupid, question. The two connections to the gaslow bottle, one is the filler, and one is the take off into the above adapter. Are these both simple screw on/screw off? Or must you be really careful over how they join up? e.g. need to use any special sealing compound or tape etc?
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 18-07-2010, 22:17

Sorry

I didn't appreciate that you were using this adapter already.

You are right, the female part ( the Gaslow bottle end ) will go straight onto the Morocan bottles. , No past or sealant required, there should be a seal on the fitting.

your only problem might me is getting the morocan bottle close enough.

enjoy

Neil
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-03-2017, 12:54

My Motorhome: I drive...
Wink Lpg stations in Morocco

All the info are rather old. Do anyone has some fresh, latest info? We are going to Morocco in April and would be very glad to have as much as possible accurate infos. Thanks in advance, Vesna

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page