Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Luz Portugal

693 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  patp 
#1 ·
We are currently pitched at Yelloh Camping in Luz Portugal for a total of 8 days, this being our 6th day.
At €20 a night it is not the cheapest but the facilities here are very good just the location could be better.

We went up to the bar for karaoke on Friday (put my Sinatra hat on lol) and as we waited for it to start we struck up a conversation with a couple across from us, so they came over. I noticed she had a northern accent and asked where she came from...Oldham she said, that's where we originated from I told her but now we live in Lincolnshire, so do we was here reply, Mablethorpe I told her.......SO DO WE !!!!!Now what are the chances of that !!!

Just for everyone's information, this is a good site BUT I have found out many Brits, French, German,Dutch and Swedes stay here regularly, so much so in fact they book their pitches a year in advance so they secure their favourite pitch, mainly in the sun, as we found to our cost as we are pitched near to all the amenities but are in almost constant shade. So much so we are turning on the heating at around 6am as it is so cold and does not warm up through the day, so my advice is if you want to come here make sure you do not get allocated a pitch number around the
300-320's unless you like the cold.
Would we come here again ? NO

Milfontes next for a few days then onto Nazare (both campsites) then aires at Peso da Regua, Leon and finally Bilbao

Can anyone recommend the best sites in Milfontes and Nazare as we have not been there before.

My last subject on this site is Modern Parents :mad::rolleyes:

We have a German family behind us and at the last count I reached EIGHT people in what looks like a 4 berth van. 2 adults and I use the term loosely and SIX kids.
The mother is your typical MODERN PARENT
1. Dreadlocks
2. Walks everywhere barefoot
3. Clothes for a car boot
Too name but 3
The kids are aged around 7 to 2
These are mainly unsupervised and left to their our devices and most time the eldest always has a claw hammer in hand hitting anything and everything with it. It does not help that they are uo and about around 6.45am (luckily we brought our earplugs)
I am just waiting for the eldest to hit a stone on the floor to see it shatter and hit our Mo and I will be out with all guns blazing.

Why is it these days parents just want to be their children's friends and not the person who keeps them in check?

Gone are the days when your children respect you and do exactly what they are told to do. Don't get me wrong, we brought up SIX kids and we were always laughing and joking but they knew who the boss was and there was never any backchat.

I fear those days are long gone.

Bring back National Service I say.....at least 2 years of rules, regulation and the world would be a better place.

Rant over lol

Dave

See less See more
#2 ·
Lot to agree with in your post Dave. It was Portuguese sites that drove us into wild camping :( Like you we were having to run the heating during the day. Long term campers bagged all the best spots in November!

As for the kids! We are on an adult only site now and it is lovely. The site advert reads "Camping El Tranquilo NO CHILDREN" :) The site owners are Brits and parents but have long experience of being site wardens, nuf said.

All we need to do now is sort out the barking Spanish dog problem!

#4 ·
The good ones are out there Geoff. We love the one we are on. Big (huge) pitches, no shade around pitches, quiet area. Showers etc spotless. Friendly staff. Can't fault it really. We only found it by recommendation. We have wild camped all over the place and really enjoyed it. For long trips, though, it is nice to relax and not worry about where we are going to find water or whether we are going to have to take a drive out to charge the batteries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.