10K views 180 replies 13 participants last post by  jiwawa 
#1 ·
I will do anything to avoid packing....

But I will have to do it soon!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Will do if I'm that way Alan.

At the moment my only plan is head south (from Cherbourg) to the Pyrenees. Depending on the weather I might wander around there for a bit. Or I might head south. Or west...

I obviously have no clear plan as yet! Just the boat from Santander on 3rd November.

#8 ·
We'll be in Torredembarra until about Oct 4th then head up through France, safe travels Jean.

Pic won't open for me either Ray, but looks like one of those countdown clocks, hope IT doesn't need reset. :- D

Terry

Reactions: raynipper
#9 ·
I'll keep an eye on the dates Terry - would be great if we could meet up there or en route. Which route do you take north? I'd probably be well into Spain by then.

And no, the clock will NOT be reset! (well, maybe the 3rd November might shift, depending on all the upheaval post-(or not post-)Brexit.

#10 ·
Plan usually is not to hang about, AP7 to France and stop overnight in Narbonne Carrefour the day we leave Spain, then use the A75 with a stop on it in the Aire at La Canourgue, site in Neris Les Bain, Aire in Loches, site in Le Mans, park up at castle in Falaise then Cherbourg.

Subject to change as I haven't run in past the copilot yet. :wink2:

Terry

#16 ·
Works for me on iPad and phone Jean.

Terry

#22 ·
The pic of being parked up on grass is fine, the first and last screenshot won't open on my phone ?

Terry

#25 ·
On my way!

Had arranged to meet friends at an Applegreen service station - they were getting off the boat I was to get on.

We did find one another - they'd gone to the wrong one, then her phone died as we were arranging an alternative. But at least they were only about 5km away!

Sea is a millpond, TG, tho I'm challenged by so many who must go to the shop n try all the perfume testers there are (sick emoji!)

Nevertheless, I shall investigate the restaurant.

Pic: loaded n locked, at Dublin port

Attachments

#26 ·
See you tomorrow Jean. We have guests till mid afternoon but will be all yours after.

Ray.

#28 ·
Safe travels Jean, pic of boat displayed ok.

Terry

#29 ·
Must just be screenshots are the problem tho heaven knows why. I see @VS_Admin haven't offered any clues.

It was indeed a great sailing - I took the initial sea-sick tablets but needed no others. The food on board was tasty but, as always, on the cold side of lukewarm. I've complained before and they always say Shouldn't happen, temperature is checked regularly....

The drive down, on a beautiful sunny day, wasn't nearly as inspiring as driving in the snow in March when the primroses were singing from every bank and hedgerow.

I met Ray with one of his guests - who made Wimbledon 4 times!! I was honoured! Seeing them later for a good chinwag.

I walked in to the village for my 1st verre du rouge or café, depending on my mood.

Closed!! According to the lady in the patisserie they close weekends at this time of year to spend more time with their children - can't argue with that.

So I settled for a lovely croissant.

Sorry, wifi too poor to load photos.

Had a lovely evening with Ray n Prue - you'll be relieved to know we've put the world to rights!!

#31 ·
Must try harder with the pics Jean. There was a whole field of bright red poppies at the top of that road earlier this year and a film crew were taking those classic shots of a girl in a long flowing dress sweeping through them. But can't find the hurried pics I took yet.

Ray.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.