Bay Of Roses - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 15-01-2018, 11:44

My Motorhome: Hymer 504
If you are going as you say over Easter then almost anywhere you go in Spain you are almost certain to have a parade or festival of some sort to entertain you.

Also in reasonable driving distance is Figueres. Good for a day out with lots of interesting places to see, particularly the Salvador Dali museum if that sort of thing appeals to you. A must try is the Wok You buffet restaurant. Large car park outside if you are in you m/h and the selection of food on offer has to be seen to be believed.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...Catalonia.html
jo662 and jo662 like this.

Last edited by charlieivan; 15-01-2018 at 11:54.
The Following User Says Thank You to charlieivan For This Useful Post:
jo662 (16-01-2018)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 15-01-2018, 11:55

My Motorhome: Rapido 7066DF
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMotorhomer View Post
We were near Roses in March last year at Aquarius Camping (in a 4 month tour it was the best site we used by fay) at Sant Pere Pescador. It is an ACSI camp and cost us just under 20 Euro a night. We stayed a week and the weather was superb.

Dave
Aquarius is a very nice, well kept site but if you have a dog then beware, they're paranoid.
Checking in with a dog is like the Spanish inquisition and you'll be restricted to a very small section of the site which is always very packed (because all the dog owners have to cram into it). This also has the effect that there's a lot of doggy "interaction" (barking) because they're all in the one area. Moreover you're not allowed to walk a dog around the site, even when on a lead.
To take the dogs for a bit of exercise you have to walk about half a mile up a dirt road to find a suitable area.

Help someone out when they're in trouble and they'll remember you when they're in trouble again.
The Following User Says Thank You to gaspode For This Useful Post:
jo662 (16-01-2018)
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 15-01-2018, 13:33

My Motorhome: A Caravan of all things !!
Take the long "Land Train" trip, booking office its at the left hand end (as you face the sea) of the long seafront, it goes right up into the mountains behind the town, not cheap but its worth it for the views.

Cant recall which campsite we stayed in last Sept (Rodas I think?) but it was VERY busy, nice facilities but small pitches.

Andy

Its not the destination that matters.

It's who you share the journey with (even if like me, itís in a caravan!)
I am very fortunate to have Mrs Plodd to share mine with
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrplodd For This Useful Post:
jo662 (16-01-2018)

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 16-01-2018, 23:26 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieivan View Post
If you are going as you say over Easter then almost anywhere you go in Spain you are almost certain to have a parade or festival of some sort to entertain you.

Also in reasonable driving distance is Figueres. Good for a day out with lots of interesting places to see, particularly the Salvador Dali museum if that sort of thing appeals to you. A must try is the Wok You buffet restaurant. Large car park outside if you are in you m/h and the selection of food on offer has to be seen to be believed.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaur...Catalonia.html

We went to Nerja at Easter many years ago and they had a festival then,really good!
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 16-01-2018, 23:28 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplodd View Post
Take the long "Land Train" trip, booking office its at the left hand end (as you face the sea) of the long seafront, it goes right up into the mountains behind the town, not cheap but its worth it for the views.

Cant recall which campsite we stayed in last Sept (Rodas I think?) but it was VERY busy, nice facilities but small pitches.

Andy

Just googled the land train,looks good.Thanks for the info!
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 16-01-2018, 23:31 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMotorhomer View Post
We were near Roses in March last year at Aquarius Camping (in a 4 month tour it was the best site we used by fay) at Sant Pere Pescador. It is an ACSI camp and cost us just under 20 Euro a night. We stayed a week and the weather was superb.

Dave

We stayed at Sant Pere Pescador last August and found it a great site to stay out,so may go there again!
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 16-01-2018, 23:53

My Motorhome: Autocruise Startrail
Personal Aire
Out of the 37 stops we had on our last tour, Aquarius was top of the list, the only drawback we found was the village wasn't close and very little there. But the site was 10 out of 1o for us (we have no dog)

Dave

You cannot polish a ****....but you can roll it in glitter !
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 17-01-2018, 13:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo662 View Post
We stayed at Sant Pere Pescador last August and found it a great site to stay out,so may go there again!
If you stay at Aquarius, have a look at the bodega just down the road and along the footpath from the site. Superb selection of wines on offer and many to sample as well. Also a reasonably restaurant there.

If you have bikes with you there is a nice ride out to Sant Marti where there are lots of restaurants in the old town streets. Also a traffic free cycle path all the way through to L'Estartit. All makes for a good day out.

Last edited by charlieivan; 17-01-2018 at 14:02. Reason: added link.
jo662 (17-01-2018)
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 17-01-2018, 18:51
AAB

My Motorhome: Hymer T552 CL
Interesting; I did not know that the cycle path ran from San Marti all the way to Estartit. Is there a link, please?
The Utube video only shows the section to and from L'Escala to San Marti.
I can recommend the camping Illa Mateua which is in the bay of Montgo just outside L'Escala; particularly at ACSI time!
The Following User Says Thank You to AAB For This Useful Post:
jo662 (17-01-2018)
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 17-01-2018, 22:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAB View Post
Interesting; I did not know that the cycle path ran from San Marti all the way to Estartit. Is there a link, please?
The Utube video only shows the section to and from L'Escala to San Marti.
I can recommend the camping Illa Mateua which is in the bay of Montgo just outside L'Escala; particularly at ACSI time!
Apologies for the confusion. I have confused L'Estartit with L'Escala. There is however a route through to L'Estartit from L'escala starting from the Bay of Montgo. From Montgo go along Carrer del Mila passing Camping Punta Mila and continue along carrer de L'Escala a L'Estartit. This will take you all the way through to L'Estartit. Alternatively you can turn off before you get to Camping Punta Mila and follow a track (it was when we did it a couple of years ago) and join Cami de Les Pedreres. From memory this route takes you past an old military base, long since abandoned and eventually joins up with the other route just before L'Estartit. We did this ride while we were staying in L'Escala. it would be a bit much to do it from Aquarious for a day trip. Zoom in on the map in the link and you will see the route.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=...6!2i509!4f13.1
jo662 (17-01-2018)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page