Motorhome requirements spain and portugal - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 00:43

My Motorhome: Hymer B598PL
Whilst it is not, to my knowledge, a requirement I did carry a spare fan belt.

I worked on the principle quoted by Mr. Plodd. My van was a Ford Transit which had a timing chain, so that was good, but I could envision the breaking of the 'fan' belt on a Friday night in rural France. So I carried a spare and to go with it I laminated the route the belt should be fitted on. It was quite complex as it zigzagged past the water pump, alternator, fan etc.

My rationale was I could be recovered or fixed at the side of the road by the local mechanic. The laminated route card eliminated the need for any technical chat which would be way above my 'pay grade'!

Davy
cabby, cabby, Fredd1e1 and 1 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 17-05-2016, 10:07
wug

Spare bulbs. First Aid kit. Headlight deflectors. Spare oil, tyre inflater. Not requirements but may useful. Carry your original V5 and Insurance Certificate. GB sticker, unless you have GB on your number plate.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 27-09-2017, 18:18

My Motorhome: I drive...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicdicdoc View Post
-don't forget to carry a fluorescent vest for each person AND wear it should you pull over & before you get out of the vehicle !
Indeed. The hi-viz vests must be in the cab with the people.

I keep my spare bulb kit (mandatory in some countries) and my breathalysers (France: and they are supposed to be replaced after their use-by date expires) on the dash at the bottom of the windscreen so that Plod can see I possess them as he proceeds in my direction. Just another small effort in the attempt to appear (and be) on the right side of his laws.

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 27-09-2017, 18:48

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 610
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnation View Post
Indeed. The hi-viz vests must be in the cab with the people.

I keep my spare bulb kit (mandatory in some countries) and my breathalysers (France: and they are supposed to be replaced after their use-by date expires) on the dash at the bottom of the windscreen so that Plod can see I possess them as he proceeds in my direction. Just another small effort in the attempt to appear (and be) on the right side of his laws.
The fine for not carrying a breathalyser has been postponed indefinitely (an on the spot fine of 11 was due to be implemented on 1 March 2013) so don't bother with them. Yes, legally you are supposed to carry them but they can't fine you if you don't have them.

and the Lord said unto John "come forth and receive eternal life". but John came fifth and won a toaster........
The Following User Says Thank You to fatbuddha For This Useful Post:
Lancs Steve (28-09-2017)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page