Christmas in Spain - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 19-07-2015, 20:23 Thread Starter

Christmas in Spain

Hi, There is a possibility that we may be able to spend Christmas (and several weeks after) in Spain this year. Can anyone advise a nice site, probably down Malaga way where we could spend a few days over the Christmas period? We don't want to have a long stay as we will move on to Aires once we get past the New Year. But our son may join us for a few days so ideally we would want a site that has bungalows to hire as well.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Steve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 19-07-2015, 21:02

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
A cottage in the Lake District

A smattering of snow

Holly ,Christmas tree , family ??

And then a trip to Spain

Sandra
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 20-07-2015, 07:52

Torre del Mar on the the sea front.
Can't remember exact site name just Google it as it's there.
2 mind from sea
5mins from town and loads of shops and restaurants.
Already documented here

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 20-07-2015, 19:08

We stayed here last Christmas, you might have to book though.. http://bonterrapark.com/en .. Lots of English and Dutch on site over wintering long stay, there was quite a few vans coming and going short stay, quite a few off this forum long and short stay..

ray.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 20-07-2015, 22:31

You might like Cabopino between Malaga and Marbella where the climate is a bit warmer than the rest of Spain (apart from Almeria, which is covered in polythene).
Their website is downright strange and it won't talk about Christmas yet but expect 30% off for 30 days or more...
Helps to have transport.

Patrick
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-07-2015, 00:01

My Motorhome: Motorhomeless
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrecrok View Post
We stayed here last Christmas, you might have to book though.. http://bonterrapark.com/en .. Lots of English and Dutch on site over wintering long stay, there was quite a few vans coming and going short stay, quite a few off this forum long and short stay..
ray.
. . .only If you want regimented lines of vans - bear in mind 'most' of the better pitches are pre-booked year after year so your left with the more shaded ones (which is fine during the summer - but not winter time.

You could do Azahar campsite, true it hasn't a decent restaurant but then again you don't pay extra or over the odds for electricity (whereas your limited to a set limit on Bonterra & over that you pay - which again during winter evenings & nights can get a touch chilly to say the least

The people shouldn't be fearful of the government,
The government should be fearful of the people
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-07-2015, 09:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicdicdoc View Post
. . .only If you want regimented lines of vans - bear in mind 'most' of the better pitches are pre-booked year after year so your left with the more shaded ones (which is fine during the summer - but not winter time.

You could do Azahar campsite, true it hasn't a decent restaurant but then again you don't pay extra or over the odds for electricity (whereas your limited to a set limit on Bonterra & over that you pay - which again during winter evenings & nights can get a touch chilly to say the least

What a load of tripe!.. Why not say the name of your suggestion and leave it at that, everything you say just isn't true we were there 6 weeks taking in Christmas and the new year, never paid over the odds for leccy, was welcomed by the folk staying there, had two street parties and Christmas and New Year parties in our neighbours caravan awnings, swimming in the heated indoor pool, the town had a fire festival where you get free snap that the town's folk are cooking on the fires all down the main roads, a firework display and the pubs give out free hats and stuff when you buy a drink... When we left to go to Portugal everybody came out to say goodbye with hugs and kisses and a bog off party which is a tradition apparently ..

So I can't see where you are coming from with your comments, our pitch took our large tag axle Hymer across the pitch leaving the back of the pitch which faced the sun very private for sun bathing and putting out the clothes line..

Don't believe me ask Wakk, Flying Pete, The Cookies, and the guy on here with the running rabbit avatar, they were all there with us, there were others from on here scattered around the site.. so are we all wrong?..

ray.
aldra, aldra, The-Cookies and 5 others like this.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-07-2015, 17:47 Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies all. As I said we're not considering a long stay, we prefer to move around. The cost is not that much of an issue as we can stand it for a few days so long as it's warmer than Yorkshire and there's the odd nice bar and restaurant about.

Bonterra looks fine to me Ray. Will have a good look at all.

Steve.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-07-2015, 19:16

My Motorhome: Globecar Campscout
Send a message via AIM to MEES
Camping Torre del Mar

Enjoying our motorhome travels in UK and Europe looking forward to our new van a Globemaster campscout
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-07-2015, 20:56
DJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrecrok View Post
What a load of tripe!.. Why not say the name of your suggestion and leave it at that, everything you say just isn't true we were there 6 weeks taking in Christmas and the new year, never paid over the odds for leccy, was welcomed by the folk staying there, had two street parties and Christmas and New Year parties in our neighbours caravan awnings, swimming in the heated indoor pool, the town had a fire festival where you get free snap that the town's folk are cooking on the fires all down the main roads, a firework display and the pubs give out free hats and stuff when you buy a drink... When we left to go to Portugal everybody came out to say goodbye with hugs and kisses and a bog off party which is a tradition apparently ..

So I can't see where you are coming from with your comments, our pitch took our large tag axle Hymer across the pitch leaving the back of the pitch which faced the sun very private for sun bathing and putting out the clothes line..

Don't believe me ask Wakk, Flying Pete, The Cookies, and the guy on here with the running rabbit avatar, they were all there with us, there were others from on here scattered around the site.. so are we all wrong?..

ray.
DON'T go there, it is awful, terrible place

Right, now that should make sure there is a pitch left for me for December and January!

Be seeing you! No. 6

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page