Christmas in Spain - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 19-07-2015, 20:23 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
tubbytuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Freeloaderville
Posts: 1,643
Thanks: 9
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Christmas in Spain

Hi, There is a possibility that we may be able to spend Christmas (and several weeks after) in Spain this year. Can anyone advise a nice site, probably down Malaga way where we could spend a few days over the Christmas period? We don't want to have a long stay as we will move on to Aires once we get past the New Year. But our son may join us for a few days so ideally we would want a site that has bungalows to hire as well.

Any suggestions will be gratefully received.

Steve.
tubbytuba is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 19-07-2015, 21:02
Senior Member
 
aldra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: bury lancashire
My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Posts: 30,147
Thanks: 1,182
Thanked 506 Times in 487 Posts
A cottage in the Lake District

A smattering of snow

Holly ,Christmas tree , family ??

And then a trip to Spain

Sandra
aldra is offline  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 20-07-2015, 07:52
Senior Member
 
BrianJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: North Yorks & Malaga Province Spain
Posts: 1,336
Thanks: 0
Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
Torre del Mar on the the sea front.
Can't remember exact site name just Google it as it's there.
2 mind from sea
5mins from town and loads of shops and restaurants.
Already documented here
BrianJP is offline  
 
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 20-07-2015, 19:08
Senior Member
 
rayrecrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Yorkshire looking out at the sea
Posts: 12,291
Thanks: 96
Thanked 96 Times in 79 Posts
We stayed here last Christmas, you might have to book though.. http://bonterrapark.com/en .. Lots of English and Dutch on site over wintering long stay, there was quite a few vans coming and going short stay, quite a few off this forum long and short stay..

ray.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
rayrecrok is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 20-07-2015, 22:31
Senior Member
 
Patrick_Phillips's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fulltimer
Posts: 1,505
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
You might like Cabopino between Malaga and Marbella where the climate is a bit warmer than the rest of Spain (apart from Almeria, which is covered in polythene).
Their website is downright strange and it won't talk about Christmas yet but expect 30% off for 30 days or more...
Helps to have transport.

Patrick
Patrick_Phillips is offline  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-07-2015, 00:01
Senior Member
 
vicdicdoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Sunny Wrexham N Wales
My Motorhome: Motorhomeless
Posts: 5,433
Thanks: 10
Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrecrok View Post
We stayed here last Christmas, you might have to book though.. http://bonterrapark.com/en .. Lots of English and Dutch on site over wintering long stay, there was quite a few vans coming and going short stay, quite a few off this forum long and short stay..
ray.
. . .only If you want regimented lines of vans - bear in mind 'most' of the better pitches are pre-booked year after year so your left with the more shaded ones (which is fine during the summer - but not winter time.

You could do Azahar campsite, true it hasn't a decent restaurant but then again you don't pay extra or over the odds for electricity (whereas your limited to a set limit on Bonterra & over that you pay - which again during winter evenings & nights can get a touch chilly to say the least

The people shouldn't be fearful of the government,
The government should be fearful of the people
vicdicdoc is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-07-2015, 09:35
Senior Member
 
rayrecrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East Yorkshire looking out at the sea
Posts: 12,291
Thanks: 96
Thanked 96 Times in 79 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicdicdoc View Post
. . .only If you want regimented lines of vans - bear in mind 'most' of the better pitches are pre-booked year after year so your left with the more shaded ones (which is fine during the summer - but not winter time.

You could do Azahar campsite, true it hasn't a decent restaurant but then again you don't pay extra or over the odds for electricity (whereas your limited to a set limit on Bonterra & over that you pay - which again during winter evenings & nights can get a touch chilly to say the least

What a load of tripe!.. Why not say the name of your suggestion and leave it at that, everything you say just isn't true we were there 6 weeks taking in Christmas and the new year, never paid over the odds for leccy, was welcomed by the folk staying there, had two street parties and Christmas and New Year parties in our neighbours caravan awnings, swimming in the heated indoor pool, the town had a fire festival where you get free snap that the town's folk are cooking on the fires all down the main roads, a firework display and the pubs give out free hats and stuff when you buy a drink... When we left to go to Portugal everybody came out to say goodbye with hugs and kisses and a bog off party which is a tradition apparently ..

So I can't see where you are coming from with your comments, our pitch took our large tag axle Hymer across the pitch leaving the back of the pitch which faced the sun very private for sun bathing and putting out the clothes line..

Don't believe me ask Wakk, Flying Pete, The Cookies, and the guy on here with the running rabbit avatar, they were all there with us, there were others from on here scattered around the site.. so are we all wrong?..

ray.
aldra, aldra, The-Cookies and 5 others like this.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
rayrecrok is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-07-2015, 17:47 Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
tubbytuba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Freeloaderville
Posts: 1,643
Thanks: 9
Thanked 14 Times in 13 Posts
Thanks for the replies all. As I said we're not considering a long stay, we prefer to move around. The cost is not that much of an issue as we can stand it for a few days so long as it's warmer than Yorkshire and there's the odd nice bar and restaurant about.

Bonterra looks fine to me Ray. Will have a good look at all.

Steve.
tubbytuba is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-07-2015, 19:16
Senior Member
 
MEES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: lancashire
My Motorhome: Globecar Campscout
Posts: 2,290
Thanks: 206
Thanked 47 Times in 47 Posts
Send a message via AIM to MEES
Camping Torre del Mar

Enjoying our motorhome travels in UK and Europe looking forward to our new van a Globemaster campscout
MEES is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 21-07-2015, 20:56
DJP
Senior Member
 
DJP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Home is where I park it.
Posts: 1,788
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrecrok View Post
What a load of tripe!.. Why not say the name of your suggestion and leave it at that, everything you say just isn't true we were there 6 weeks taking in Christmas and the new year, never paid over the odds for leccy, was welcomed by the folk staying there, had two street parties and Christmas and New Year parties in our neighbours caravan awnings, swimming in the heated indoor pool, the town had a fire festival where you get free snap that the town's folk are cooking on the fires all down the main roads, a firework display and the pubs give out free hats and stuff when you buy a drink... When we left to go to Portugal everybody came out to say goodbye with hugs and kisses and a bog off party which is a tradition apparently ..

So I can't see where you are coming from with your comments, our pitch took our large tag axle Hymer across the pitch leaving the back of the pitch which faced the sun very private for sun bathing and putting out the clothes line..

Don't believe me ask Wakk, Flying Pete, The Cookies, and the guy on here with the running rabbit avatar, they were all there with us, there were others from on here scattered around the site.. so are we all wrong?..

ray.
DON'T go there, it is awful, terrible place

Right, now that should make sure there is a pitch left for me for December and January!

Be seeing you! No. 6
DJP is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome