The rain in Spain is falling mainly on my van! - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old 28-05-2014, 16:49 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Laika H680 Ecovip
The rain in Spain is falling mainly on my van!

When we crossed to Calais two weeks ago we were greeted by warm sunshine which made a pleasant change. Normally it takes the first week to dry out my coats due to the soaking I generally endure whilst getting services for the van.
We have now crossed into Spain and stopped in Sant Feliu de Guixols, and the weather is as unsettled as I've ever seen it. Last night we were parked up on a large parking area and the heavens opened. Both rain and hail battered the van and we had to shout to hear each other. After twenty minutes the sun was back out as if nothing had happened. It hasn't improved today either as we headed further south via Lleida towards Morella the main roads were a washout in the torrential downpour, the lightning was spectacular and thunder deafening. Had hoped to be parked up on a beach somewhere by now but hey ho plenty of time for that I suspect.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m_dsc07603_165.jpg (59.0 KB, 1 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old 28-05-2014, 17:38

Well no doubt when you do eventually find that beach to park up next to you will ignore the No Motorhome signs there just like you have in the example above!

I suspect you are one of those wild camper types who go around in packs turning the countryside beauty spots and beach car parks into gypsy camps!

I am surprised at you as your profile says you have a Hymer just like me so clearly you can afford a proper campsite!

Well do not come crying to me when you are gassed and robbed. Oh yes! Its happening more and more now. I spoke to a warden at a CC site back in the UK the other day who was chatting to a caravan owner who's best friend heard of a motorhomer who was gassed and robbed on a Spanish beach wild camping spot last summer so do not tell me it does not happen!
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old 28-05-2014, 18:45

We recently spent a night at San Juan de los Terreros. Near Aguilas.There were only four vans but told by a Dutch gentleman that there are usually many more. It must be accepted by the locals as a nice lady in a white van came around each morning selling bread and croissants.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old 28-05-2014, 19:26 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Laika H680 Ecovip
[quote:88ff8848f9=\"CraptonBogwash\"]Well no doubt when you do eventually find that beach to park up next to you will ignore the No Motorhome signs there just like you have in the example above!

I suspect you are one of those wild camper types who go around in packs turning the countryside beauty spots and beach car parks into gypsy camps!

I am surprised at you as your profile says you have a Hymer just like me so clearly you can afford a proper campsite!

Well do not come crying to me when you are gassed and robbed. Oh yes! Its happening more and more now. I spoke to a warden at a CC site back in the UK the other day who was chatting to a caravan owner who\'s best friend heard of a motorhomer who was gassed and robbed on a Spanish beach wild camping spot last summer so do not tell me it does not happen![/quote:88ff8848f9]

Thanks for that Crapton...next you\'ll be telling me that my A frame is illegal and that I need a chevron board on my bike rack!
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old 28-05-2014, 19:59

Oh I see! Not only are you flouting the law wild camping all over the place you are also under the impression it is legal to drag a second vehicle around Spain on a lump of metal attached to your tow bar! and just to add to your flippant attitude to Spanish law you dont even think you need to display the appropriate reflective board on the back!

With any luck you will meet with the local Police soon who will not only move you on from your illegal car park but fine you for your ILLEGAL a frame and for not displaying the proper reflective board!

It amazes me how some of you even get as far as Spain with your attitude to EU law and health and safety.

I was chief H&S officer for Gateshead Council for 40 years before leaving to be a Pirate in the Caribbean Islands in 1972. I can tell you a thing or two about H&S (and Pirates, who also take H&S seriously these days). Some people think they can go into Europe and just do what they like and Johnny Foreigner wont do anything because he is all foreign!
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old 28-05-2014, 20:13

Quote:
CraptonBogwash\"]Well no doubt when you do eventually find that beach to park up next to you will ignore the No Motorhome signs there just like you have in the example above!

Well do not come crying to me when you are gassed and robbed. Oh yes! Its happening more and more now. I spoke to a warden at a CC site back in the UK the other day who was chatting to a caravan owner who\'s best friend heard of a motorhomer who was gassed and robbed on a Spanish beach wild camping spot last summer so do not tell me it does not happen!
Idiot

ray.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old 28-05-2014, 20:18

Back on topic

We are just about to leave Spain after five weeks of sunshine, initially cold but mostly warm

Last night and today was the first time it rained substantially, just south of Pamplona.

And we stayed on official aires and mostly ACSI campsites every night. Many were virtually deserted even on the coast.

Steve

Steve and Sheila
Read about our latest travels in Europe on our website
http://www.motorhomeandaway.com
post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old 28-05-2014, 20:40

[quote:bff051431d=\"rayrecrok\"]
Quote:
CraptonBogwash\\\"]Well no doubt when you do eventually find that beach to park up next to you will ignore the No Motorhome signs there just like you have in the example above!

Well do not come crying to me when you are gassed and robbed. Oh yes! Its happening more and more now. I spoke to a warden at a CC site back in the UK the other day who was chatting to a caravan owner who\\\'s best friend heard of a motorhomer who was gassed and robbed on a Spanish beach wild camping spot last summer so do not tell me it does not happen!
Idiot

ray.[/quote:bff051431d]

Why am I an idiot? There are too many motorhomers freeloading across Europe thinking they can do what they wish. I see you are also a Hymer owner. Please dont tell me your another one who parks up for free all over Spain and the like!

Use a proper campsite, thats what they are for. If you must \"wildcamp\" at least dont go around bragging about it and posting photos of you flouting the law. I can understand it if it was a Swift owner but Hymer owners should really have more sense and respect for themselves and the country they are in! IMO.
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old 28-05-2014, 20:50

Quote:
CraptonBogwash\\\\\\\"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"rayrecrok\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"
Quote:
CraptonBogwash\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"]Well no doubt when you do eventually find that beach to park up next to you will ignore the No Motorhome signs there just like you have in the example above!

Well do not come crying to me when you are gassed and robbed. Oh yes! Its happening more and more now. I spoke to a warden at a CC site back in the UK the other day who was chatting to a caravan owner who\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s best friend heard of a motorhomer who was gassed and robbed on a Spanish beach wild camping spot last summer so do not tell me it does not happen!
Idiot

ray.
Why am I an idiot? There are too many motorhomers freeloading across Europe thinking they can do what they wish. I see you are also a Hymer owner. Please dont tell me your another one who parks up for free all over Spain and the like!

Use a proper campsite, thats what they are for. If you must \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"wildcamp\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" at least dont go around bragging about it and posting photos of you flouting the law. I can understand it if it was a Swift owner but Hymer owners should really have more sense and respect for themselves and the country they are in! IMO.
Why don\'t you pay to join the site I would like to take you on, don\'t hide behind your free posts and disappear Seamus?.

ray.

Just watching a shifty looking geezer in the library searching intently through the 'S' section of the dictionary, he's stopped now.

I think he's up to something. . .. . . ray......
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old 28-05-2014, 20:52

I just used my \"Ignore\" button for the first time

It works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page