Technical help needed in Spain - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 23-06-2013, 17:34 Thread Starter

Technical help needed in Spain

Presently in Mojacar, Spain and my leisure battery is no longer charging or holding its charge. Anyone aware of where I could have it checked out and if necessary the battery replaced anywhere near here? I am in a 2008 Burstner Aviano i725.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 23-06-2013, 17:44

My Motorhome: Hymer B 694 Sl
Have look out for Fuevert poss close to a CArefourr.
Or just try a independent garage they will be able to test it for you.

Cheap no good
Good no cheap

Link to my aires videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgi...8_xjbNfhRo1kgg
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 23-06-2013, 18:20

My Motorhome: Hymer B694
Re: Technical help needed in Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaysue
Presently in Mojacar, Spain and my leisure battery is no longer charging or holding its charge. Anyone aware of where I could have it checked out and if necessary the battery replaced anywhere near here? I am in a 2008 Burstner Aviano i725.

Any car repairer should be able to help , if you can't get a lesuir battery a starter battery would possible see you through .

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 23-06-2013, 19:17

My Motorhome: 2006 Joint 154
Technical help needed in Spain

Sorry unable to help ,but you could try asking in the campsites there as the locals will know of any possible source/mobile mechanic.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 23-06-2013, 19:20

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
when you say the battery isn't charging, how did you ascertain that ?
As replacing the battery will just prolong the issue until that battery goes flat
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 23-06-2013, 20:12 Thread Starter

Battery is less than 2 years old and worked fine. After first week on holiday through France staying on sites except for one overnight, we stayed on Spanish site for 2 days on hookup and after driving for 2 hours we stopped and I noticed step not operating properly and saw that charge level on battery monitor showed very low charge. After another 3 hour drive it still had not retained charge. Parked up here near friends apartment and hooked up not using any appliances as we stayed in apartment. Following morning disconnected and battery only showed very low charge. Battery was warm to touch so I took out fuze near battery to prevent further discharge and/or damage. Hope to find techie tomorrow near here to get it checked.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 23-06-2013, 20:41

Send a message via MSN to nukeadmin
hmmm sounds like the plates may be short circuited which would account for the hot battery and no charge being produced.

When you do locate someone, get them to check the charging circuit is operating in both hookup and alternator mode before putting new battery in in case something is overcharging the battery.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 23-06-2013, 21:56

Sounds like mains charger is at fault here.Does battery recover if isolated from charger.what type of charger is it ie basic or intelligent/ switchable auto or manual between batteries.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 23-06-2013, 22:43

With a similar problem in Spain 2 years ago we found NorAuto very helpful. Their branches are often on the edge of town retail parks.

If you're going that way, the best price we found for replacement batteries was in Gibraltar.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 14:35 Thread Starter

Battery was banjaxed after less than 2 years intermittent use. Could have been worse I guess. Have to mention HISPAVAN in Antas near Vera. They were great and checked and confirmed all charging circuits were working but that battery was dead. Charged it overnight but it failed to hold charge. Only fly in the ointment was that it took 5 days to have leisure battery delivered from Barcelona. On the road again following excellent and friendly service from Julian and Brenda and their staff at HISPAVAN.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page