I am writing this from Italy - advice needed? - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by artona
Hi Briarose

I have just moved that post to continental touring - possibly better placed there

stew
OK thanks it was funny as I had just been reading it and noticed some of the info was for Italy...............am sure Sue mentioned going to that area to me so thought worth drawing her attention to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 20:22 Thread Starter

Thank you everyone, your help has been invaluable and we will def be stopping on the "Il Serchio" private sosta when we arrive in Lucca. We might stop at a site nearby to where we are tomorrow now as it is directly on the beach and sounds very pretty, peaceful and tranquil and the motorhome pitches have views of the sea. We found that site on the internet thanks to a link Rapide sent me.

As for my Three Broadband Modem - I was defintitely told by Three customer services when I looked into buying their modem that any useage I used during my trip to Italy would come off my monthly user allowance and as Three have a contract in Italy it meant my allowance could be used there at no extra cost! If when I return to UK they do charge me I will have something to say about it that's for sure as it was because they said I could use it in Italy that made me decide to give up my vodafone datacard contract and change to Three!!! They wont get paid if they do send me a bill I can assure you lol!

Thanks again folks and I hope Neil and Sue you both are enjoying Italy too!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 20:58

'They wont get paid if they do send me a bill I can assure you lol!' but won't they have your bank details if you pay by DD and just take it anyway ? isn't there a email you can write to so that you have confirmation in writing

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 21:13

My Motorhome: Hymer B644 G
Personal Aire
Quote:

Under the scheme, 3 phone users travelling between the UK, Ireland, Italy, Austria, Australia, Hong Kong, Sweden and Denmark will no longer be charged for receiving calls and texts.

Customers can also use existing minutes, text and data bundles to make voice and video calls, send texts, picture and video messages, and even surf the internet.

'The launch of the 3 Like Home scheme will significantly benefit our customers as they travel between the 3 Group's networks,' said Christian Salbaing, of 3.

'It underlines our commitment to fair treatment and reasonable pricing for all our customers.'

However, Salbaing warned 3 customers that they will continue to face high charges abroad if they roam on to a non-3 network because of the wholesale charges required by many of 3's roaming partners.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 21:36

Hi Sue;
Can't add much to the above of any help, but do have a lovely time and let us know, better still post all the sites you stop at. I hope to be down that way next year when I'm back on the road again.
Wobby
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-11-2007, 23:18

Hi Sue

Just check your account billing on your My3 as I have just received my first bill from them and they are charging me for all of my outgoing emails, they say as I have used my handset to send emails therefore I have to pay as they are free to receive not send. I have my handset set up the same as your modem. It would take hours to send an email typing one fingered.

I am disputing it as I have set up my emails on the laptop as I was told to do by them! I am dissapointed as to discus it you need to talk to the other side of the world and they have not got a clue, so just check your bill.

Tim
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 03-11-2007, 09:33

Italy - Motorhome stopovers - useful resources

Buon giorno Sonesta,
in case you haven't found them yet, some more useful info sites for you :
camping in Sicily - www.faitasicilia.it
aree di sosta - www.guidacamper.com
aree di sosta - www.caravanecamper.it
camping throughout Italy - www.camping.it

ferries Napoli/Catania - www.TTTlines.com
ferries Napoli/Palermo - www. tirrenia.it

emjoy your trip.
saluti,
eddied

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page