Lake Iseo - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 16:23

Lake Garda - living

I take it you have a house + MH at Lake Garda, what is the tempature like in winter, are you a resident in Italy - looking for somewhere to buy where it could be a base for touring, but must be winter sunshine for the arthitus. Did I read that you had cancelled your new Swift? We have friends with Autocruise who have bad taste from their water pipe(tank tho its black has no taste. We don't have blue pipe in our benemar perhaps a british thing. Really sounds nice life - weather is perking up here for Easter, Regards Wendy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-04-2007, 16:40 Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to Rapide561
Italy

Hello Wendy

No house, just the motorhome here. I did cancel the order for the new Swift - and the saga just drags on. Still, the local dealers are getting good at effecting repairs! LOL

Winter - difficult to answer. I visited Garda in January 2006 - and was offered beautiful sun by day with fanstastic views of the lake and mountains. Temps were about +10 by day and about - 10 by night.

This winter - we arrived on the 4th of January - days were mixed - sun, rain, cloud and a lot of fog. Night times went as low as -7. Not a problem for the Kontiki though.

The Lake is not really a place to over winter if you are looking for winter sun.

Winter seemed to end at the end of February and I have worn shorts most days since then. Mild weather can be had as far as late November - again based on previous visits.

I am not an Italian resident for reasons I won't bore you with. I will not however rule it out and I admit to looking in estate agents windows. Property is overpriced in my opinion - properties are not selling. With the "season" on us however, maybe the influx of tourists will force some to open their wallets.

For winter 07-08, I am considering northern Italy again - Sept - Dec, UK for Christmas and then either Spain or Southern Italy for Jan/Feb before returning to Garda.

For me, the Lake is being where I want to be rather than a winter tan.

Russell
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 22:09

There is a Sosta (aire) on lake Iseo at Sarnico. It was early June when we stayed there. It's right on the lake, with water and waste emptying, no elec however. Directly across the road is a small shopping centre with toilets and even a laundrette. We really enjoyed our couple of nights, short walk to bar, restaurant etc. The road was quiet at night and we had a couple of swans on the lake, which added to the appeal. The drive around lago d'Iseo is great, now that we know our campervan can actually pass through the narrow roads with overhanging rocks. It was pretty scary at the time, but our van is big (Knaus Suntraveller 705). Next time we can just relax and enjoy.
Have a wonderful time
Mary

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page