Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   Italy Touring (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/133-italy-touring/)
-   -   Turned away at dkv station in italy for gas (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/133-italy-touring/219649-turned-away-dkv-station-italy-gas.html)

icer 25-09-2017 15:43

Turned away at dkv station in italy for gas

guy at petrol in Italy just north of Venice refused fill up of gaslow system with external filling point. Said that unless it was for an engine, ie not cooking, it was against his license.

Ian

HermanHymer 25-09-2017 15:48

I was in Curioz Loisirs (big moho and caravan shop/sales/workshop - part of the 'Master' group) near Annecy and I saw they were selling Gaslow installations. I asked the bloke if there were problems getting refills in France and he didnt know anything about that nonsense. Never seen them in France before.

WildThingsKev 25-09-2017 17:23

Very common to be refused on Italian motorway services, in fact it is the norm. Much less likely to be refused at a local station.

Penquin 25-09-2017 17:30

Now quite common to find Gaslow in France, generally accepted, Total staions usually have GPL, Spain OK, but Itlay has often had problems, not worth asking, we simply move on as one cylinder will last at least a week in summer as not using it much except for fridge. I believe that the sale of it is meant for automotive use ONLY.......

fatbuddha 25-09-2017 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildThingsKev (Post 2709649)
Very common to be refused on Italian motorway services, in fact it is the norm. Much less likely to be refused at a local station.

thanks for that Kev as we are about to depart on Friday for Sardinia and Northern Italy!

peejay 26-09-2017 12:05

As said refusal is common in Italy and virtually no chance on the autostrada. Got refused on the way down to Ancona recently but no problems at the next one along. Try to use the smaller outlets instead of the big nationals, they seem to be ok in the main.

Pete

barryd 26-09-2017 12:54

Stick an Autogas sticker above the filler and tell them it's an LPG conversion. :D

Actually joking apart I did have one woman in France refuse us LPG until I convinced her it was for the engine

icer 26-09-2017 17:43

Never been refused before ever, this was not on motorway just ordinary sp road.
Not too bothered as we have a full 11kg bottle left, but was just wondering whether something was going on in Italy and others had issues recently

aldra 26-09-2017 19:19

Never had a problem with the external fitting on the skirt

Refused once because we had to open the door to the gas door because the fittings were inside

Now they are in the door of theMH

Sandra

Webby1 26-09-2017 21:42

Italy is very hot on this and we have been refused a few times even though we also have an external filler..............luckily there is always somewhere down the road with a different view.

Apparently they had an horrific explosion/fire some years back when a motorhomer/idiot was filling a homemade conversion gas filling system.

So the bigger companies have decided they can do without the bother.