Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Beautiful west Wales - in the Cothi Valley
My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Thanked 306 Times in 285 Posts
The Netherlands - a few observations if you are thinking of going
Having just got back I wanted to post a few thoughts which would have helped us out...
- Not many sites/supermarkets take UK credit cards so make sure to have plenty of cash with you.
- We didn't see one large UK/French style out of town supermarket. Indeed all the supermarkets we saw were in town and didn't take credit cards. Parking may well therefore be a problem so bets to plan meals/beer requirements, a few days ahead.
- Check the costs of campsites. We found them to generally be expensive plus many charge extra for water; showers; and have metered EHU!
- Everywhere we went everyone spoke excellent English. I had my phrasebook and a few learned phrases handy, which went down well but all the Dutch were very happy speaking English.
- Roads are generally very good and the Dutch drivers very law abiding.
A great country with very friendly people. We loved it.
Which ever way you look at it, we are MUCH BETTER OFF in the EU than outside!