Umwelt Zone Summary & FAQ's - Page 17 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #161 of 202 (permalink) Old 14-07-2013, 09:38

I looked on he website and it seemed to show other areas not only cities effect...some small patches down toward the Black Forest; anyhow have sent off for mine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #162 of 202 (permalink) Old 19-07-2013, 21:41

Am confused it says Berlin if l get one there will it be valid all over Germany?

*Caro*

Brian l love you for eternity you are my rock and my life there will never be anyone like you or who could take your place.
post #163 of 202 (permalink) Old 20-07-2013, 08:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulawayolass
Am confused it says Berlin if l get one there will it be valid all over Germany?

*Caro*
Yes, and as long as the sticker is fixed in position, it is valid for the life of the vehicle

post #164 of 202 (permalink) Old 20-07-2013, 08:26

Thanks Grath l take it the yes means it is valid all over Germany. As we are not going near Berlin didn't want to get the wrong one.
l will get one there then week after next when l get CB and his MOT paperwork back

Brian l love you for eternity you are my rock and my life there will never be anyone like you or who could take your place.
post #165 of 202 (permalink) Old 20-07-2013, 13:06 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer B504 on Ducato 2.8jtd
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulawayolass
Snipped - l take it the yes means it is valid all over Germany. As we are not going near Berlin didn't want to get the wrong one.
That is correct Caro, Doesn't matter which town you buy it from, its valid for the whole country.

Pete
post #166 of 202 (permalink) Old 20-07-2013, 14:00 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quick update.

Latest 2013 map showing where and what colour Umwelt Sticker is required....

...or print off an English PDF version >Here<

Pete
post #167 of 202 (permalink) Old 23-07-2013, 12:15

for those interested we have just had a hjs filter fitted by Wankmuller in Dagersheim which now gives us a green umwelt plackette to replace the yellow one which meqns we can go anywhere.

the cost of fitting one in London would have been 1800-3500 GBP depending on the company fitting via the Transport for London web site. We just paid 999 € so we are pleased. The filter is self cleaning with no maintenance required other than a run at 2-3000 revs for 50km if you've only done short trips.

I realise even at that price it may not be cost effective for some but our family and friends live mostly in Baden Württemberg so we could not visit anyone without a green plackette. Hope this helps.

How´s my driving? Call 0800..........AAAAARRGH!!
post #168 of 202 (permalink) Old 23-07-2013, 17:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by commuter
for those interested we have just had a hjs filter fitted by Wankmuller in Dagersheim which now gives us a green umwelt plackette to replace the yellow one which meqns we can go anywhere.

the cost of fitting one in London would have been 1800-3500 GBP depending on the company fitting via the Transport for London web site. We just paid 999 € so we are pleased. The filter is self cleaning with no maintenance required other than a run at 2-3000 revs for 50km if you've only done short trips.

I realise even at that price it may not be cost effective for some but our family and friends live mostly in Baden Württemberg so we could not visit anyone without a green plackette. Hope this helps.
Thanks for that info Commuter.

Apart from being really useful info, it also put things into perspective, ie, the fine for not having the Umwelt Plakette set at €40 in Germany, but a similar fine for not complying with the LEZ here in the UK, is set at the extortionate fee of between £100-£200 per day, depending on weight.

Although still expensive, I would consider having the German conversion done, if we were in Germany for months in the year.

Cheers for now,

Jock.
post #169 of 202 (permalink) Old 29-07-2013, 12:20

So am I right in saying for my 1996 Hymer I'm going to get a red sticker? This is a bit of a gutter as we were planning a trip to Germany in October down to Stuttgart and the black forest.

And is it right that if I put a scooter on the back it would be exempt?
post #170 of 202 (permalink) Old 29-07-2013, 13:25 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by spannerhead
So am I right in saying for my 1996 Hymer I'm going to get a red sticker? This is a bit of a gutter as we were planning a trip to Germany in October down to Stuttgart and the black forest.

And is it right that if I put a scooter on the back it would be exempt?
You might not even get a red one as the qualifying vehicle registration dates for red are 1997 - 2000. There aren't many, if any towns that accept a red sticker nowadays anyway.

I shouldn't worry too much, its only for the centres of certain towns/cities in that region and there is usually efficient public transport from outlying areas and nearby campsites/stellplatze.

If you did risk it worse case scenario is a €40 fine but general concensus is that the Politzei have got far more important things to worry about and its not too tightly controlled but the decision is entirely yours of course.

No need for a sticker for the scooter, all two wheeled traffic is exempt.

Pete

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page