A trip around Bavaria (End of Romantic road) - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

6Likes
  • 6 Post By barryd
  • 4 Post By barryd
  • 2 Post By barryd

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-07-2017, 10:03 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,112 Times in 962 Posts
Personal Aire
A trip around Bavaria (End of Romantic road)

Put together this short video of a scooter ride around southern Bavaria at the end of Romantic road. To be honest the Romantic Road was a complete disappointment. The only town worth seeing is Rothenberg but its not worth a big detour so see if your passing. The rest of it all the way down to the Fussen area is dull and too much traffic.

We stayed a few days on a nice little free stellplatz at Peiting about 20 miles north of Fussen. By a swimming pool. The main roads are busy but there are a few great little back roads along the river Lech. Lake Forggensee near Fussen is stunning. The whole area at the bottom end is just lovely. Great open fields and spaces with no uniformity. Its like riding through the fields on the back road (well it is really)

Soz about the music

dghr272, dghr272, GMJ and 3 others like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-07-2017, 10:36
GMJ

My Motorhome: 2017 Autotrail Comanche
Personal Aire
I agree Barry

We drove it a few years ago (in our Aston don't you know!) and it was only the last bit towards Fussen that provided some wow factor.

I thought for one second that you were going to drive into the water off that slipway...now that would have been worth watching!! Did you take your kayak with you for the lake?

Graham

I like to use big words which I don't really understand so it makes me look more photosynthesis!

Last edited by GMJ; 23-07-2017 at 10:40.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-07-2017, 11:14 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMJ View Post
I agree Barry

We drove it a few years ago (in our Aston don't you know!) and it was only the last bit towards Fussen that provided some wow factor.

I thought for one second that you were going to drive into the water off that slipway...now that would have been worth watching!! Did you take your kayak with you for the lake?

Graham
Its a pity I didnt leave the sound on as Mrs D was screaming when I shot towards the lake.

Never got the Kayak out there but hopefully will today on Lake Constance where we are now.
GMJ, GMJ, JanHank and 1 others like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 23-07-2017, 12:45

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Luferly, liked the music as well.

Are you taking pictures of the Stellplätze your staying on Barry.

The video´s that followed yours showed Stellplätze we would never dream of stopping at, don´t think you would either.

Bodensee, Mmmm one of those tourist places.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 24-07-2017, 08:57 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Michele photographs the van everywhere we stop Jan.

Bodensee was kind of on our route out of Germany anyway so we thought we would spend a few days there and I finally got to Kayak the Great Lake yesterday (well not all of it obviously). It's so massive it even has a bit of a swell like the sea.

It's not packed that much with tourists though. As said before most of the traffic here is local. It's busy, very busy but there were only three vans in the stellplatz at Bodmen last night but heavy commuter traffic from 6;30am which has all but stopped now.

I like Germany but u won't miss the traffic and I'm looking forward to getting lost in France.
JanHank and JanHank like this.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 24-07-2017, 09:30

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Bit of a job putting little roads through mountains

The roads in this country are used by traffic coming from the country's surrounding it, we are in the middle/hub of the big roundabout.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page