Bavaria on a pink motorbike - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 13-03-2014, 17:35 Thread Starter

Bavaria on a pink motorbike

Some years ago I saw a documentary where Grayson Perry, the potter, toured Bavaria on his pink motorbike. He made it look wonderful, visiting beautiful churches and castles. I have been keen to go there ever since.

Has anyone else got experience of touring in Bavaria? We tend to like camping near lakes where there are good walks and cycle tracks. Also, what would the weather be like in June and July?

Autumn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 13-03-2014, 22:50

Re: Bavaria on a pink motorbike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn
Some years ago I saw a documentary where Grayson Perry, the potter, toured Bavaria on his pink motorbike. He made it look wonderful, visiting beautiful churches and castles. I have been keen to go there ever since.

Has anyone else got experience of touring in Bavaria? We tend to like camping near lakes where there are good walks and cycle tracks. Also, what would the weather be like in June and July?

Autumn
We also love Bavaria but have only visited by motor cycle. The weather can be stinking hot. I do know the roads all around are brilliant, you can be also in and out of Austria constantly. We have spent great times in Mittenwald where there is also a camper van spot almost in the middle of town, also Garmish is well worth a visit (you can catch the train next to the Stelplatz) There are many cable cars to hill top walks.
In fact it is all wonderful

Alex
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 13-03-2014, 23:08

My Motorhome: Hymer S740 on Sprinter 616 (2004)
Brilliantxfor touring. Google the romantic road, the castles you mention are near Fussen and were built by mad king Ludwig the second. Lots of Lakes and the Bodensee (Lake Constance) is very special and not far away.

Dick

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 13-03-2014, 23:15

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer 680 MB
Do it on a pink m/bike ' you'll be pestered by short short lederhosen Herrs wanting a kiss kiss.

tony

WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion

Academia and government artificially select for particular traits, among which is a lack of life experience. This is why it's possible for a person to be exceptionally bright while failing to grasp something as rudimentary as supply and demand.

Intellectuals: All engine, no map.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 14-03-2014, 00:22

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Google 'Alpenstrasse' to find a very motorhome friendly touring area along the German/Austrian border.
We toured there last spring and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.
Email the German tourist board for loads of info and free maps and guides.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 14-03-2014, 00:36

My Motorhome: AutoTrail V-Line 635 SE
Personal Aire
Quote:
.....Email the German tourist board for loads of info and free maps and guides.
We love the area and it's perfect for vans.

Spacerunner is right, use this link to see the 1200 sites included in the free book we obtained from the German Tourist Office:

http://www.germany.travel/en/travel-...h/camping.html

This is the link to obtain that book free by post from the Tourist Office (It's the 14th hyperlink from the top):

http://www.freegermanyguide.com/

John

For lust of knowing what should not be known
We take the Golden Road to..........................
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 14-03-2014, 13:31 Thread Starter

Many thanks to those who have supplied information - it has all been added to my list of research options.

Best wishes

Autumn
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 14-03-2014, 16:56

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,193 Times in 1,039 Posts
Personal Aire
IVe done the bit from Lake Constance to Fussen and its all pretty spectacular but as mentioned your also not far from Austria which is even better!

One trip we did which was just superb was Through the Black Forest, along Lake Constance stopping at Uberlingen (Stellplatz) and Meersburg (superb Stellplatz 1.5 miles out of town), along to Fussen, over the Fern Pass into Austria where We did Mutters and Natters (near insbruck), Saltzburg and then all the Austrian lakes East of there. ITs in out 2012 blog. Absolutely stunning.

The further you get into the Alps though the weather at any time of year can be changeable. Usually pretty settled in June and July but it can still chuck it down.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page