Cap d'Agde - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 14-09-2011, 17:51 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,172 Times in 1,018 Posts
Personal Aire
Cap d'Agde

We have been having a go at this campsite milarky down near Sete, Frontignan Plage and I have to say for 15e it's been really nice. We don't visit the seaside often but our four days here have been lovely. A superb huge pool which hardly anyone seems use and a nice pitch that's not to shady but private.

We are moving to Cap d'agde 22 miles down the coast tomorrow and there is a fair selection of sites in the acsi book but there is nothing like a recomendation.

So anyone been to one in that area? Looking for similar. Good size pool, a pitch that's not overhung with trees and not bothered how close it is to the beach or shops etc.

I have had a look at a few of the entries in here but none of them seem to be ACSI sites. To tight to pay full wack.

747 will be pleased to know I have made full use of the showers here and I am now quite clean.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 14-09-2011, 17:55

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Send him info on a dump

He's had enough good luck on this trip to last a lifetime

let him see how the other half live

Aldra
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 14-09-2011, 18:20

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
I've been here quite a good site. 10-15 minutes stroll along estuary/riverside to sandy beach.

Plenty of shops and eating places.

Be aware there are topless sunbathers desporting themselves on the beach..........so I've been told.

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 14-09-2011, 18:24

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
Spacerunner

You've let me down

Aldra
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 14-09-2011, 18:58

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra
Spacerunner

You've let me down

Aldra
I didn't mention the kid with raging diarrhoea being dragged down to the showers to be rinsed off

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 14-09-2011, 19:36

Camping Neptune

Camping Neptune gets good reviews and is one site I intend to visit next year as it is very near Agde (been to Cap D'Agde, didn't like it but Agde is different). What are your thoughts on Sete? My idea for next year is to do 3 different parts of the Canal du Midi starting maybe at Toulouse, finishing at Agde but looking for other ideas for places to stay/visit.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 14-09-2011, 20:46

Send a message via AIM to stevee4 Send a message via MSN to stevee4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacerunner

Be aware there are topless sunbathers desporting themselves on the beach..........so I've been told.
Thats the mild beach (so I have been told) I have heard it said, there is far more than topless on the beach if you walk too far west from Marseillan Plage. (so I have been told)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 14-09-2011, 20:49 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
Personal Aire
Thanks for the replies but I Cant find Neptune in the ACSI book.

We will be off to Carcasonne at the weekend so its only for a couple of nights.

Will just have a look at whats available. There seem to be three or four together just outside Cap D'agde and three or four around the river at Agde.

This sort of place is not on our normal agenda but makes a pleasant change.

I'm no expert on campsites but cant fault the site we are on now (Tamaris, Frontignan Plage). I suspect it will be hell on earth in season though

We went to Sete today on the bike which is about 6 miles up the road. We enjoyed it. Its a real mixture of a bustling Med town with lots going on, plenty of waterside eateries and shops and a superb market mixed in with a fair bit of industry and boats of all descriptions. Superb view and werid but very interesting chapel on the hill top.

I wouldn't describe the lakes and area around as scenic, certainly not after what we have experienced over the last few months but worth a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra
Send him info on a dump

He's had enough good luck on this trip to last a lifetime

let him see how the other half live

Aldra
Yes but just think of all the superb places we have set you up for on your next trip!

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 14-09-2011, 21:37

If you're just passing through on the way to Carcassonne (good ACSI site there) you might consider stopping off at the Aires at Rue Du Governeur (something like that) at Cap d' Agde. A car park, really, good services and no charge out of season - or that was the case last year at least, may have changed. Wish we were there!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 14-09-2011, 21:52 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilmannie
If you're just passing through on the way to Carcassonne (good ACSI site there) you might consider stopping off at the Aires at Rue Du Governeur (something like that) at Cap d' Agde. A car park, really, good services and no charge out of season - or that was the case last year at least, may have changed. Wish we were there!
Thanks will have a look but I think I read it charges until October or November.

Our fridge is still knackered on gas but works on leccy and we just stocked up at Intermarche. Still boiling down here so will need hookup for the next couple of days.

If anyone wants a look at sete and the campsite I just updated the blog at www.hankthetank.co.uk or direct link here.

Scroll for ten years to the bottom. Didnt realise it was going to end up so long. It was only supposed to be a long weekend.

http://barry1.tech.officelive.com/Summer2011.aspx

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page