What have I done to deserve this!! - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 20-08-2011, 16:27 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,171 Times in 1,017 Posts
Personal Aire
What have I done to deserve this!!

I donít remember ever doing anything good enough in my life to deserve the summer we are having. I know I have upset a few people on here by rubbing it in so I thought I would rub salt in the wounds of those of you who are at work or have returned home from France! Sorry . Decided we would look up a superb wild spot on the Tarn that we found on our first trip and it is simply a stunning spot.

Here you go.

After the busy throng of late July and August I think the French are finally on the move. We spent three days on the Aire at Florac (superb place by the way) before doing the Tarn Gorges very early this morning, filling up with LPG and turfing up here. Yesterday in Florac there was a mass exodus and we were left on our own for the first time in weeks. As you can see our nearest neighbour (at the moment!) is at least a hundred yards away so I might even get the guitar out tonight and have a sing song.

No facilities here but we have plenty of water and our own natural shower

Found this massive bridge near Millau!!!

Nice of the campsite up the road to provide free unsecured wifi via the Faculty X antenna as well.

The only down side is its too hot today. The roads in the valley are baking and where the little bike normally keeps us cool itís like riding through an oven. Itís been a case of ride along a bit, find a river bank or beach, dive in fully clothed then ride on a bit.

Cheers all and donít work too hard!

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 20-08-2011, 16:30

buzz off

pleased to see you are enjoying yourselves

Dave p

post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 20-08-2011, 16:38

My Motorhome: Adria Twin 640slx
Personal Aire
Barry, save some for us, we are on our way tommrrow, for seven weeks. Hope it stays good.

curlyboy

Retired living in Cornwall and the Camper!

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 20-08-2011, 16:49

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
We had a great time on our month long trip which ended this week. A highlight was the aire at Pont du Fosse in the Haute-Alps. It is the ex camping municipal which is now a free aire. The facility block is closed but there is a service point. A riverside walk takes you into the village in about 5 minutes. There was a night concert when we were there with a huge firework display after dark. The noise echoing round the mountains was awesome.

Last edited by rayc; 29-03-2015 at 09:52.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 20-08-2011, 17:11 Thread Starter

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,171 Times in 1,017 Posts
Personal Aire
Cheers all

hope those who have been had a great time and those who are outward bound do as well.

It's hard to say which has been our fav place so far but jungfrau area in the Swiss alps, verdon gorges and lac st croix are up there.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 20-08-2011, 17:16

Looks brilliant Barry. We'll add Florac and Tarn to our list of places to go. Enjoy it while you can.
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 20-08-2011, 17:27

Looks gorgeous and hope to be there in about 2 weeks, leave on 1st Sept to dawdle down France then on to Les Dunes where we have a free week booked then meander round France again, taking about 6 weeks in all...bliss the only trouble with this retirement business is you don,t get a day off!!
Margaret
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 20-08-2011, 17:34

The French TV put out an orange alert for temperatures of 40įC in the Toulouse area and the Rhone valley this weekend. Records are expected to be broken and many older people are at risk due to dehydration.

Perhaps that's why you've been left on your own.

Looks like a super place.

Brian
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 20-08-2011, 17:38

My Motorhome: Devon Provence
Where exactly is the spot in the first photo Barry? Or is that going to remain a secret for eternity lest the rest of us come along and spoil the tranquility????

It looks absolutely stunning - still, we are off to the Gower tomorrow so musnt grumble

Hope you continue to have a great trip and please keep the updates coming in,

Regards, Caulkhead
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 20-08-2011, 18:04
waz

If you had got the guitar out and started the sing song last week you might have had more of the aire to yourself

Waz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page