Ile d'Offard campsite Saumur - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 20:44 Thread Starter

Ile d'Offard campsite Saumur

Has anyone visited the campsite on the island on the loire at Saumur .
Ile d'Offard campsite, any views would be appreciated, whats the approach and the site like for an 8,7m van??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 20:55

My Motorhome: Pilote 740C Sensation
Personal Aire
Re: Ile d'Offard campsite Saumur

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandadbaza
Has anyone visited the campsite on the island on the loire at Saumur .
Ile d'Offard campsite, any views would be appreciated, whats the approach and the site like for an 8,7m van??
I havn't been there for a number of years and I had a caravan then. There were no problem at all with an estate car towing a 5m caravan. The site was ok as far as I can recall and handy for a stroll into the town.
A few reviews here:
https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/r...asp?revid=5632
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 20:55

Its a few years ago since we visiited but I cant remember any problems you could have.

Its in a reasonable location for you accessing the town by foot and not needing to use the van.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 21:01

Hi, we went two years ago and we have an S820 and it was a lovely site, easy to get in and a lovely walk into town. Prudence
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 21:02

We were there last August. No problem with access.

Some of the pitches would be too small for a 8.7m van though. Just let them know your size when booking in. We did not book for late august last year.

Derek
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 21:07

Lovely site, nice walk into town. We didn't book last August - just turned up. No problems with access but as has been said before some pitches wouldn't be big enough.

Catz
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 21:34

Forgot to mention. If you come through the town there is a weight limit of 3.5 T to the island over the bridge. Just go round to the alternative new bridge.

Derek

PS Although I have just checked here and it looks like it is just lorries. Well we ignored it any way.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 21:50
Rest In Peace Mike, 1944-2017.

My Motorhome: Autocruise Starburst
Personal Aire
Hi Baza

Member Sherringham has been there and took the time/trouble to enter it into our campsite database back in 2007. There is also one additional review from member Frantone but that was from back in 2007.

So if and when you have been there do please add an up to date review of the site by visiting the entry in our database and click on :

Here is the link to follow:

Ile d'Offard <<<

Mike

P.S. or anyone else who has stayed there

Mike
When confronted by a problem, you can solve it easily by reducing it to the question, "How would the Lone Ranger have handled this?"
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 22:16

Hi

Nice site, with nice walk into town as has been said already, we were there a year ago and some of the trees were full of what looked like but were not blackberries. After the birds had gorged on the berries you can imagine the mess on the awning, so my advice would be keep away from the trees (and the birds).

Martin
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 22:17

Lovely pool and bar/restaurant, and in a perfect position for Saumur - as has been said. Some pitches are very much better than others for views etc., so try to look around first and choose for yourself.

We were there in September last year and were a bit underwhelmed at the state of some of the pitches. They were rather "unloved" and had obviously been well used and not maintained. (Fairly typical in France, so nothing too unusual here.)

The toilets were the same. Poorly maintained with taps not working, broken shower fittings etc.. Obviously end of main season, but we would have been miffed if we had to pay the 24 per night regular tarrif at that time of year. (35 in high season if I recall).

As it was we had Camping Cheques so payed only 15, which was about right we thought.

None of this would stop us going again, but only in the Camping Cheques season, which this year is 1st March to 2nd July - and 27th August to 14th November.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page