France Travel warning 18th June - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 23:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaiuk
Just to post the other side of the discussion, as somebody who drives in France 3/4 times a month, I'm all in favour of any restrictions placed on French Motorcycle/Scooter users. Whilst I am perfectlly willing to accept that a minority may be spoiling it for the majority, the behaviour of two wheeled riders in heavy traffic is downright dangerous. It is paticually bad in the Paris area, where it is not unusual to get a kick in the door if they feel you haven't left them enough room to get through. I'm all for them killing themselves, but the recovery of the body and bike remains just adds to the chaos.

Malcolm
It is stupid remarks like this that make motorcycling in the uk so dangerous
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 23:27

My Motorhome: Hymer exsis-i 562 (Ford)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenpug
Quote:
Just to post the other side of the discussion, as somebody who drives in France 3/4 times a month, I'm all in favour of any restrictions placed on French Motorcycle/Scooter users. Whilst I am perfectlly willing to accept that a minority may be spoiling it for the majority, the behaviour of two wheeled riders in heavy traffic is downright dangerous. It is paticually bad in the Paris area, where it is not unusual to get a kick in the door if they feel you haven't left them enough room to get through. I'm all for them killing themselves, but the recovery of the body and bike remains just adds to the chaos.

Malcolm
It is stupid remarks like this that make motorcycling in the uk so dangerous
What's stupid about it?
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 20:30

Having lived in rural France for over two years I am rather disappointed by some of the new regulations coming. I have felt that there is much more of a community spirit here than anywhere I have lived in the UK. With the speed camera warning signs I feel that I am living in a more sensible society and not one where faceless authority is out to catch everyone.

In reality warning signs warn of dangerous places where more care and less speed is demanded. With their removal those particularly dangerous spots become disguised and all motorists will need to keep one eye on the speedometer all the time. I would prefer to keep both eyes on the road.

I do look in the mirror frequently and have not had any problems with motorcyclists. In fact on the odd occasions when there has been a holdup I'm glad that bikes are not making them worse.

I'm sure that experts could argue that making all car occupants wear helmets would significantly reduce accident deaths and injuries. I think these same experts would argue against such measures because.........

Paul

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 22:30

Quote:

Malcolm
And I would like to thank the pratt who was driving a car, yes a car driver one of the perfect ones that wrote my sons motorcycle off, the car driver that wrote my daughters motorcycle off and yet another mr perfect car driver that nearly wiped me out on sunday.
All three incidents involved cars comming out of t junctions without stopping.

There are bad road users af all persuassions.

Rant over.

Dave p
Motorhome drive,r car driver, bike rider, Motorcyclist and silver van man.

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 13-06-2011, 22:32 Thread Starter

hi guys,
im only warning you that if your travling on Sat you may get held up!!
i didn't want the jury out on motorcyclist. they are not all bad and motor home drivers are not all perfect .
Tissy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page