Provence weather in October /November - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

6Likes
  • 1 Post By HermanHymer
  • 1 Post By eurajohn
  • 2 Post By KeithChesterfield
  • 2 Post By barryd

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 21-06-2020, 22:24 Thread Starter

Provence weather in October /November

Just a quick question.
Thinking positively that we will be in a position to travel to Provence late August ( when I retire for good &#128512 I was hoping that the experts out there could a) suggest must see places to visit in the area and b) when does the weather goes downhill quickly and we need to think about heading home.
Iím guessing that we might get away with some decent weather in Sept and Oct but should be thinking about heading North in November .
Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 21-06-2020, 23:06

My Motorhome: Hymer T625
October can be changeable. Often violent storms that cause flash flooding after the hot summer. Travelling back you can have days of steady rain but its all pot luck.
patp likes this.

Viv

"When I was 17 the boys used to call me "Coke-bottle-legs". Fifty years later, they are still like Coke bottles. Sadly, the 2 litre version!"
The Following User Says Thank You to HermanHymer For This Useful Post:
wp1234 (22-06-2020)
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 22-06-2020, 08:24

My Motorhome: Frankia T640 FF2
The Lavender fields are pleasant but really earlier in the year.

Heading North in November is the opposite of direction for most travellers at that time of year.

Most will head West from Provence to Spain or Portugal for the Winter, much better option.

patp likes this.

John
The Following User Says Thank You to eurajohn For This Useful Post:
wp1234 (22-06-2020)

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 22-06-2020, 08:24

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,077 Times in 935 Posts
Personal Aire
Never been as late as that. Have been in September and its generally pretty good. As said though October / November in the south of France can be a complete mixture. You could be lucky. Provence is massive though and I think my favourite region.

The must see for me is the Verdon Gorges and Lac St Croix but you need to be there as early as possible for the best chance of decent weather. Bit of a thread here. https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/13...on-gorges.html

Of course there is the coast as well. The Cote D'Azur. Not very motorhome friendly but its probably your best chance of decent weather late on rather than inland.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 22-06-2020, 14:13

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
We were in the Herault last year in September/October and were sat on the beach in glorious weather, back home in Lot et Garonne, November was overcast but mild and little rain.

Of course, things cannot be relied upon, so alternative plans are worth having "just in case" but you may well have abtime to R.E.M.,bee, for all the right reasons.

I would plan for it, but he willing to change if conditions require....

Good luck, enjoy the planning.

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 22-06-2020, 15:33

My Motorhome: Pilote Reference P716
Personal Aire
We went to the Dordogne last year on the 15th September for a month and the weather only deteriorated in the second week of October when we were heading north.

Some very good warm days, shorts the daily requirement, and a couple of wet days but no really prolonged rain.

I know Provence is further south and it may be different weather this year but any holiday in France is better than none and we all hope for good hot weather wherever we go.

All the Aires were open then but I've no idea what the situation will be this year although if we get a chance we will be going over.

Sunset over Montpeyroux (near Clermont-Ferrand) -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1508 (1000 x 750).jpg (58.0 KB, 5 views)
patp and wp1234 like this.

For Videos of the Aires we've used, Eurotunnel journeys and many other more obscure Videos have a look at - www.youtube.com/user/KeithChesterfield

For Recommended Vets in Europe have a look at - https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?msa=0&mid=zTPBDq9Df4L4.kSm3eLuvVb2g
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 28-06-2020, 12:00 Thread Starter

Thanks for the response much appreciated . Any must see places you can recommend in Provence. Thanks wyn
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 28-06-2020, 12:28

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,077 Times in 935 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp1234 View Post
Thanks for the response much appreciated . Any must see places you can recommend in Provence. Thanks wyn
Well as mentioned the Verdon Gorges and Lac St Croix are two of my favourite places in the world let alone in Provence and the Coast from St Tropez westwards towards Marseilles is fantastic if you time it right.

Inland I like the area around Gordes which is "A year in Provence" Territory.

Some ideas here.

https://www.planetware.com/france/pr...n-f-az-fwd.htm

If you do get to the coast I wrote a guide in 2015 which you can find here. https://sites.google.com/site/hanktestsite2/downloads

You really need secondary transport on the Cote D'Azur IMO though to see it properly. Find somewhere to dump the van. Buses and trains are pretty good though I gather.
raynipper and Gretchibald like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page