Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Is cite Europe still open for motorhomes

3K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  barryd 
#1 ·
Hi chrisdougie here, can anyone tell me if cite Europe still open for motorhomes. We are going over via Eurotunnel 4thJune returning 4thJuly. We used to stay last night at cite Europe as it is only a ten minute drive to Eurotunnel. Many thanks in advance..😎👍

#4 · (Edited)
Not recommended, lots of reports on facebook pages about dubious looking blokes trying to get in to vans. The new Calais are is ok but boring location compared with the old one by the beach. There's a good place at Sangatte - Parking Hubert-Latham, along the D940 coast road. Check out Search for Sites for details.

#14 ·
We prefer stopping the last night at either Le Portel or Montrieul-sur-Mer but this one is at Tardinghen near Wissant and has a lot going for it.

#19 ·
We spent the night up here once at Cap Griz Nez just above Escalles between Wissant and Sangatte.

Great views but a bit exposed if its windy.
We've used that several times but the top part is now barriered off, you can park up in the carpark to the right but theres no views unless you get the spot right at the car park entrance.

Its also one of the victims of P4N popularity and gets mobbed in the summer.

Pete

#20 ·
I used to love overnighting at Oye-Plage, with a morning walk along the dunes watching ferries pass by.

I thought that when it was closed they intended to build a parking place a short walk away on Route des Dunes. I noticed they had started last time I passed by but don't know whether it was ever completed or if they placed a height restriction.

Reactions: peejay
#23 ·
Thanks for the link Pete. I'd noticed that quiet and rural layby in the past but didn't know it was permitted overnighting. Next time I take a night crossing I'll use it to get my head down for a few hours as I won't need services.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.