Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Near Guédelon 19 October?

878 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  HurricaneSmith 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Guédelon is very special Pat - it's a 25yr project (I think they may have overrun) to build a medieval castle using only medieval methods (well, apart from such modern safety measures such as the stonemasons wearing goggles, and stress-testing the home-made ropes before they're used to lift massive blocks).

Everything has evolved organically - the workshops, as and when they were needed - just as it would have done back in the day.

Well worth a visit, and a guided tour in English.

There are 2 aires within driving distance and there's special parking for MHs.

#6 ·
Guédelon is very special Pat - it's a 25yr project (I think they may have overrun) to build a medieval castle using only medieval methods (well, apart from such modern safety measures such as the stonemasons wearing goggles, and stress-testing the home-made ropes before they're used to lift massive blocks).

Everything has evolved organically - the workshops, as and when they were needed - just as it would have done back in the day.

Well worth a visit, and a guided tour in English.

There are 2 aires within driving distance and there's special parking for MHs.
I agree with Jean's description.

It maybe just worth adding that the MH Parking is for opening hours only - no overnight.

Geoff

#7 ·
I can't believe I've never been, based on my love of history and architecture. It's one of those things I know about, but forget.

If the project is nearing completion I'm going to have to get my skates on.

Thanks to all for the reminder and advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.