Arrens Marsous to Laruns - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes
  • 1 Post By nicholsong
  • 1 Post By JanHank
  • 1 Post By Gretchibald

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 14-06-2019, 23:54 Thread Starter

Arrens Marsous to Laruns

There is a sign ( google maps) at the car park on the Col Du Soulor which, as far as I can make out, states restrictions on the times of travel and direction of travel. Also states something about wt of vehicle . Try as I might I can't figure out what it definitely means and if it applies to me in my motorhome . Pleased if someone here could give me the definitive answer as we plan to go this route again this year. ( We were over this route before , but on the scooter and never even noticed the sign ha ha )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-06-2019, 10:59

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Thats the main road isnt it? D918? Pretty sure ive been over that more than once in the van across to Laurens. Dont remember any restrictions or problems. Have you got a screen shot of the sign?

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-06-2019, 14:18 Thread Starter

Yes it's the D918. You can see the sign on google maps at 42deg 57.642 N , O deg 15.708 W.
Attached Images
File Type: png Sign.png (719.9 KB, 15 views)

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-06-2019, 14:24 Thread Starter

The reason we are going this way again is that we stopped once for lunch at Fabreges and seen the cable cars going up but didn,t realise they led to the little train ride across the mountain . She want's to go on it .
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-06-2019, 15:13

My Motorhome: Hymer B598PL
From the google instant street view and the assistance of google translate,

advice to vehicles with a total weight of between 3 and 9 tonnes and to common transport vehicles.
access prohibited from 20h to 6h
one-way traffic in the directions
soulor aubisque 6h to 13h (departure prohibited from 12.30h)
aubisque soulor 13h to 20h (departure prohibited from 19.30h)

Hope this helps. Bon route!

Davy
The Following User Says Thank You to TeamRienza For This Useful Post:
Gretchibald (15-06-2019)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 15-06-2019, 15:55 Thread Starter

Davy, Thanks for that . So we can't take the MH across this road after 8.00pm and have to go West before 1.00pm on any day . That's good , we shouldn't meet any big vehicles then- if everyone sticks to the rules!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 16-06-2019, 08:19

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Alan

Looking at the video Basia would be screaming at the driver "Do not go so close to the edge!" I have heard it in my ear - often, on the mountains of La Palma and Madeira, as well as in the Pyrenees. She forgets that we Arto drivers take care of our precious steeds.

Which is why she refused to go on that train when we were there, much to my disappontment. We did go on the Romney, Hythe and Dymchuch railway - in the Queen's carriage - but that is all at sea level

Tell Jayne to enjoy it.

Geoff
Gretchibald likes this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 16-06-2019, 09:28

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
I'm with Basia, I don't like heights not even when they are stable look outs, don't like bridges that swing either, I think the colour I go is green.
Gretchibald likes this.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 16-06-2019, 20:18 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholsong View Post
Alan

Looking at the video Basia would be screaming at the driver "Do not go so close to the edge!" I have heard it in my ear - often, on the mountains of La Palma and Madeira, as well as in the Pyrenees. She forgets that we Arto drivers take care of our precious steeds.

Which is why she refused to go on that train when we were there, much to my disappontment. We did go on the Romney, Hythe and Dymchuch railway - in the Queen's carriage - but that is all at sea level

Tell Jayne to enjoy it.

Geoff

Thanks Geoff . We've seen some of the routes you take your MH , no wonder Basia is nervous . I will have to do more intense research of places of interest close to where we are travelling this year, before we go; typically we usually find out after we get home . We missed that train ride and last year we were parked in a Camping Car Park in Porte Puymorens, an aire in the middle of nowhere and beside a small campsite as well. I wondered why they were there - when we got home we found out. A young peoples activity center about 1/2 mile from where we were . 12 zip lines across a lake, forest tree walks, mountain climbing etc - made for you!
nicholsong likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page