Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Aires at Arromanches

964 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  barryd 
#1 ·
I read on another site that the aires in the centre of Arromanches was closing permanently in May but a new aires was being completed 50m further up the road. Anyone been lately? Also we plan to visit for the D-Day celebrations on the 6th June but cannot find any information on parking arrangements being provided on the day, does anyone have any information?

#2 ·
I've been to Arromanches several times over the past 14 years. I have never stayed on the Aire, near to the town centre, as it is small and was always very crowded with very little space, albeit I think that it used to be free. I have always stayed at the Municipal Campsite, immediately behind the Aire and found it very good. I was last there in 2017 and I think that I paid about £15 per night. The facilities/showers, etc., are quite good and it is only a short walk into Arromanches. There is also a supermarket not far from the site entrance.

#5 ·
There is always the cliff top gun battery at Longues Sur Mer about two or three miles up the coast. Great views to the Mulberry Harbour and always space. you would either need secondary transport or just park up somewhere in town for a bit and park up at Longues for the night. Its worth a night there anyway. I Think they are the most intact guns of the Atlantic wall.

#9 ·
We were there for the 65th D Day stuff and stayed up there for a couple of nights. There were a few WWII vehicles that came and stopped up there as well. It was a great place to be around that time. Was hoping to get over this June but it looks unlikely now. Should be all sorts going on I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.