Motorhome Facts Forum banner

More Camping-Car Park destinations

8K views 67 replies 9 participants last post by  jiwawa 
#1 ·
#5 ·
#7 ·
This looks good. I like the idea of having entry/exit controlled by a card, which offers some security. And most are open all year and the website map shows how many spaces are available. We will be coming back through France end of Feb so we may use one of these to break the journey.

Graham

#11 ·
#14 ·
Hi jean
A little clarification please:

1. You buy the card from the machine using a credit card? Any credit card? Mastercard? Visa?

2. Then you enter the aire with the Camping Card and pay on departure? In cash? By card??

Saw this somewhere in W. France last year. Looked a little complicated so I backed off.

Thanks
Viv

#15 ·
Viv, it's a few years since I got my card but I think it was simply through the machine at the gate and would have been with a credit card - mine is mastercard.

The 1st time we used one it was really complicated and off-putting - I had no card, and maybe one didn't exist back then, but I think they improved (or I did!) I think we paid prior to the gate opening.

Since getting the card I think you can either tank up the card at the machine or simply use your credit card. But I think you pay on entry rather than leaving - it's a couple of years since I used one myself and my memory's not that great!

#16 · (Edited)
Big fan of camping car parks and glad to see their empire expanding. Easy to get a card , and piece of cake to use . I like them because you know what standard to expect before you get there , nothing salubrious but always tidy with everything you need, always near a place of interest, feel that the motorhome is a bit more secure than most aires when we are away for hours on the scooter, and one of the best new features is that you can look up your intended CPC on their website before you get there and see if there are any spaces on it and even book your space on line in advance. No more rushing to beat the MH in front of you to the aire ha ha. - or having to arrive early in the hope there will be room

Example - there are 12 spaces available out of 28 at the Roque Sur Ceze as I write this , a couple more mouse clicks and I could reserve one for whatever dates I intend to visit. ( from 12..00 noon)

#21 ·
I never did manage to join! I can't remember what it was but I found it very frustrating navigating their site to join up. Might try again on the ipad rather than the ancient laptop. It might, after all, solve our winter route problem through France :)

#28 ·
I worked it out!

Well, we were tired and still had a way to go to the next French campsite which, as we all know, might be closed when we get there!
We called up the Camping Car Park app and looked for a site. Found it fairly easily from the map and directions. I tried to just pay using credit card but the machine asked for some info. It then told me I was already registered! It asked me to insert my CampingCarPark card which I did not have because I had never figured out how to pay for one :(
There is, however, a telephone number on the notice board which I rang. Several french "holding" type messages later a nice young Frenchman came on line and talked me through getting a CampingCarPark card out of the machine! Once it was delivered (having paid with my credit card the fee and a 4 euro charge for the card ) we used it to access the site.

It is perfectly possible to register initially at the machine on the gate. Name address email etc. Pay. Get card. Enter site. The call handler could access the machine on the site I was trying to enter. All very impressive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.