Dentists in France - Page 3 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 20-10-2016, 10:42 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Hymer MLT 620
Update
In and out in two hours. Lowered tooth, removed filling, drilled and drained an sluiced out roots 50€,, followup in 1 week booked to put a temp filling.
Pharmacy provided 6 items on prescription, 32€
Quick efficient, spoke good enough English.
There was only 1 other customer in that time.

Thanks again for all the tips

Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 20-10-2016, 11:13

My Motorhome: Devon Provence
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasw19 View Post
Update
In and out in two hours. Lowered tooth, removed filling, drilled and drained an sluiced out roots 50,, followup in 1 week booked to put a temp filling.
Pharmacy provided 6 items on prescription, 32
Quick efficient, spoke good enough English.
There was only 1 other customer in that time.

Thanks again for all the tips

Jon
Just out of interest Jon, what is a "lowered" tooth? I've been trying to work out where the spell check has gone wrong but I am stumped

Infamy, infamy! They've all got it in for me!
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 20-10-2016, 13:24 Thread Starter

Lowered tooth is quite simple, she ground away the living? Tooth so that there was no pressure from the tooth in the upper jaw when biting. That alone gave some relief.

No anaesthetic offered, though I was not more than rather uncomfortable during most of it.

One big advantage of the woman dentist is that she had small hands, so my jaw did not ache from holding it open for 45mins, quite unlike my own dentist.

Jon

post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 29-10-2016, 08:50 Thread Starter

Update again
Returned to Castellated after a week.
Locum dentist this time spent over an hour rodding the roots out, then put a temporary filling and said return in a week!
I said we were in a camping car and I needed a robust temporary filling good for 6weeks.
Much poring over appointments and he said two days and return. I gave my mobile number and went off.
After an abortive appointment got another for yesterday where he wanted to further clean the roots before inserting Guta sticks which seem to be some sort of thermo settingl filler.
However in the middle of all this he said That one of the reamers had broken off in the root and he could not get it out because he was not experienced enough!
To cut several hours of dentistry short, he filled the tooth, gave me prints of all the X rays and then came the final bill....
23€. This for 2.5 hours several xrays two temp fillings.

The overall experience was positive, both the dentists spoke enough English with my french to communicate, prices were reasonable and though the outcome wasn't quite ideal my tooth no longer hurts.

Off to Italy today

Jon
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 29-10-2016, 09:58

My Motorhome: Devon Provence
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasw19 View Post
Update again
Returned to Castellated after a week.
Locum dentist this time spent over an hour rodding the roots out, then put a temporary filling and said return in a week!
I said we were in a camping car and I needed a robust temporary filling good for 6weeks.
Much poring over appointments and he said two days and return. I gave my mobile number and went off.
After an abortive appointment got another for yesterday where he wanted to further clean the roots before inserting Guta sticks which seem to be some sort of thermo settingl filler.
However in the middle of all this he sahid That one of the reamers had broken off in the root and he could not get it out because he was not experienced enough!
To cut several hours of dentistry short, he filled the tooth, gave me prints of all the X rays and then came the final bill....
23. This for 2.5 hours several xrays two temp fillings.

The overall experience was positive, both the dentists spoke enough English with my french to communicate, prices were reasonable and though the outcome wasn't quite ideal my tooth no longer hurts.

Off to Italy today

Jon
Glad you are kind of sorted Jon! Hope you are pain free for the rest of your trip. By the way, where in Dorset do you live?

Infamy, infamy! They've all got it in for me!
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 29-10-2016, 10:06

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,204 Times in 1,050 Posts
Personal Aire
23€??

How come? Glad your sorted though.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 29-10-2016, 18:03 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caulkhead View Post
Glad you are kind of sorted Jon! Hope you are pain free for the rest of your trip. By the way, where in Dorset do you live?
Thanks.
We live in Dorchester, at least for about 4 months of the year.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page