Motorhome Facts Forum banner

Day Trip to France

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  barryd 
#1 ·
As I've had to cancel our normal xmas trip, anyone know of a cheap day trip offer so I can top up the cellar and cigar store :smile2:

tony

#4 ·
#5 ·
Thanks for the replies,

at the moment inclined to go on the chunnel £46 for an overnight (2 day) trip.

tony

#7 ·
If you buy enough wine you can get the crossing free from here Tony - http://www.calaiswine.co.uk/. Unfortunately they wouldn't extend the offer to my Hymer.����

Mike
Saw the various free trip offers, wouldn't be interested, the wine they offer :surprise:isn't :wink2:
I'll be just in the car, so sleeping bag and blankets at the ready (I'm a tight arse :laugh:)

tony

#8 ·
Well, all sorted now; off to France tomorrow, just for the day, hope
no immigrant stands in front of the car, I'll not see him :wink2:

tony

#9 ·
Is it the day out that you enjoy, or the possible savings that get you to spend time and money over there and was that price at the tunnel each way.

There are very keen prices to be got at some supermarkets for a sensible wine. How much do you need is the question I suppose. Licensing laws have changed where you are, or have they gone retro.:wink2::wink2:

cabby

#10 ·
Well mate,

Day out from Turkey and Pork and accessories.

Huge savings on my 5litre boxes of wine

Ridiculous savings on my brand of cigars,plus have a good look round the goodies left over

Going by chunnel for £20 in Tesco vouchers so It's now going to be a Birthday outing for me.
No room in the car for the wannabees :wink2:

tony

Reactions: cabby
#11 ·
So lets just see if I have this right Gemmy. Your going to go to Calais, in your car at Christmas on your own, stock up on booze and cigs and then kip in a sleeping bag in the back?

Doesnt sound like much fun to me. :D

You see in theory its not a bad idea and I can kind of see the appeal of getting away from it all on your own but you have got it completely wrong. Go by all means, kiss your beloveds goodbye and say you will be back sometime tomorrow. Once in France do your shopping but then book into a swanky hotel and just phone home saying the car has broke down / ferry strike / the wrong kind of migrants at the port / sat nav broke or any good lie of your choice and then just sit back and fill yer boots for a couple of days. Make sure they have wifi so we can see how your getting on.

And people say Im as thick as sh**

#12 ·
No No No, A "DAY" trip. Out tomorrow morning back tomorrow evening

To fill my boots until middle of April, no ulterior motive :wink2:I promise, I'm a good boy >:)

tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.