Day Trip to France - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-12-2015, 12:15

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
So lets just see if I have this right Gemmy. Your going to go to Calais, in your car at Christmas on your own, stock up on booze and cigs and then kip in a sleeping bag in the back?

Doesnt sound like much fun to me.

You see in theory its not a bad idea and I can kind of see the appeal of getting away from it all on your own but you have got it completely wrong. Go by all means, kiss your beloveds goodbye and say you will be back sometime tomorrow. Once in France do your shopping but then book into a swanky hotel and just phone home saying the car has broke down / ferry strike / the wrong kind of migrants at the port / sat nav broke or any good lie of your choice and then just sit back and fill yer boots for a couple of days. Make sure they have wifi so we can see how your getting on.

And people say Im as thick as sh**

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-12-2015, 12:43 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer 680 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
So lets just see if I have this right Gemmy. Your going to go to Calais, in your car at Christmas on your own, stock up on booze and cigs and then kip in a sleeping bag in the back?

Doesnt sound like much fun to me.

You see in theory its not a bad idea and I can kind of see the appeal of getting away from it all on your own but you have got it completely wrong. Go by all means, kiss your beloveds goodbye and say you will be back sometime tomorrow. Once in France do your shopping but then book into a swanky hotel and just phone home saying the car has broke down / ferry strike / the wrong kind of migrants at the port / sat nav broke or any good lie of your choice and then just sit back and fill yer boots for a couple of days. Make sure they have wifi so we can see how your getting on.

And people say Im as thick as sh**

No No No, A "DAY" trip. Out tomorrow morning back tomorrow evening

To fill my boots until middle of April, no ulterior motive I promise, I'm a good boy

tony

WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion

Academia and government artificially select for particular traits, among which is a lack of life experience. This is why it's possible for a person to be exceptionally bright while failing to grasp something as rudimentary as supply and demand.

Intellectuals: All engine, no map.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-12-2015, 12:50

Day Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEMMY View Post
As I've had to cancel our normal xmas trip, anyone know of a cheap day trip offer so I can top up the cellar and cigar store

tony
I want to put a new post on the forum, but cannot see where to start?? sorry to hijack your post but need info on Ipad Air 16GB or 32GB , thanks wendy

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-12-2015, 12:50

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
Have a good trip mate, enjoy.hate to think of you having an empty cellar.

cabby

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.
The Following User Says Thank You to cabby For This Useful Post:
GEMMY (27-12-2015)
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 27-12-2015, 23:21

My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Quote:
Saw the various free trip offers, wouldn't be interested, the wine they offer isn't
I'll be just in the car, so sleeping bag and blankets at the ready (I'm a tight arse )

tony
So why the sleeping bags Tony!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 28-12-2015, 02:46 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: 2013 Hymer 680 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo662 View Post
So why the sleeping bags Tony!

That was when I was considering doing a 2 day return (same price ) However, just going for the single day as I've now said.

tony

WARNING.!!... The above post may contain an opinion

Academia and government artificially select for particular traits, among which is a lack of life experience. This is why it's possible for a person to be exceptionally bright while failing to grasp something as rudimentary as supply and demand.

Intellectuals: All engine, no map.

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 28-12-2015, 09:39

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Personal Aire
Quote:
That was when I was considering doing a 2 day return (same price ) However, just going for the single day as I've now said.

tony
Chicken! Hey! take your sleeping bag and there is a field by the motorway as you come off the ferry with a massive ready made campsite. Im sure they would find you a tent and make you very welcome. In fact you could take some of your booty and share it with them.

About ten years ago I used to occasionally work in the Dover, Hastings area and would stay overnight in a hotel on the sea front at Dover and for a night out I would go to France. It would only cost about a fiver for a foot passenger and in those days fags and booze on the ferry were a real bargain so I would have a good night on the ferry and then stagger back to the hotel laden down with carrier bags full of stuff thats bad for me.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page