October in France! Where? - Page 8 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

54Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 110 (permalink) Old 29-10-2015, 11:54

My Motorhome: HYMER B 634 SL DUO MOBIL (2015)
Hi Joe, Did you get sorted with the motor bike and rack with the weight situation?
John.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 110 (permalink) Old 30-10-2015, 20:37 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
We have had a lovely few days in Vannes,what a lovely place.We stayed on the camping car park aire.For 9.60 Euros plus tax you get free EHU,free wifi and free water and waste emptying.
We are now on an ACSI site in Saint Benoit Des Ondes,heading home for a tunnel crossing on sunday I`m afraid!
aldra and aldra like this.
post #73 of 110 (permalink) Old 01-11-2015, 23:02 Thread Starter

Well were are home now after a lovely week.The last day we spent in Cancale.A lovely place which we will return to in the future.And we were vwery lucky with the weather as well.
Roll on next easter for our next adventure!

post #74 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 17:48

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,042 Times in 905 Posts
Personal Aire
Glad you had a good week Joe. It's smashing round Cancale way. That whole northern coast
Of Brittany is nice.

Dead as a door nail here all of a sudden. Turfed up at Rocamadour in the Lot which is one of Frances most famous villages and there is nobody here. The Dordogne was fairly lively and busy last week and I thought it would be more so here but the field we are in which is a new edition has only one other van on it and the usual aire which is packed normally two vans.

Forecast is still good and getting better for the weekend when we will be back in the Dordogne. I really should be going home though!!

What's next Joe?
jo662 and jo662 like this.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #75 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 21:43 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Glad you had a good week Joe. It's smashing round Cancale way. That whole northern coast
Of Brittany is nice.

Dead as a door nail here all of a sudden. Turfed up at Rocamadour in the Lot which is one of Frances most famous villages and there is nobody here. The Dordogne was fairly lively and busy last week and I thought it would be more so here but the field we are in which is a new edition has only one other van on it and the usual aire which is packed normally two vans.

Forecast is still good and getting better for the weekend when we will be back in the Dordogne. I really should be going home though!!

What's next Joe?
Hi Barry
Great your catching the last rays of sunshine,I hope it continues until you have to come home.
We are off to the Sth of France again at Easter.We spend a week with a friend near St Maxime,so all we have to do is work out which way to go and where to visit on the way back.
Really enjoyed Piriac btw,thanks for that suggestion!
post #76 of 110 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 21:51

My Motorhome: Frankia i7900 Exclusiv class
[QUOTE=barryd;1730170]Glad you had a good week Joe. It's smashing round Cancale way. That whole northern coast
Of Brittany is nice.

What's next Joe?[/QU

Keep us informed Baz as we might head that way in 10 days time!
post #77 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 14:07

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
Personal Aire
I'm going to do a Cote D'Azure guide for motorhomers and scooterists Joe over the winter so may be done by Easter to include all the places we found and stayed. May be useful or you may already know the area well. The highlight feature will be the Kebab shop off the Square in St Tropez which we went back to several times.

Forecast still good but I dunno how long it can last. Back at Vitrac now on the Dordogne but may head to the coast and Ile D'Oleron next week Michelle's Grandad is buried there and its supposed to be good for cycling.

Even there a week ahead the forecast is sunny with highs of 18c which is ideal for cycling or walking.

Been really lucky this year with the weather, especially late on.

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #78 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 20:30 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
I'm going to do a Cote D'Azure guide for motorhomers and scooterists Joe over the winter so may be done by Easter to include all the places we found and stayed. May be useful or you may already know the area well. The highlight feature will be the Kebab shop off the Square in St Tropez which we went back to several times.

Forecast still good but I dunno how long it can last. Back at Vitrac now on the Dordogne but may head to the coast and Ile D'Oleron next week Michelle's Grandad is buried there and its supposed to be good for cycling.

Even there a week ahead the forecast is sunny with highs of 18c which is ideal for cycling or walking.

Been really lucky this year with the weather, especially late on.
Hi Barry,Cant wait for your guide to the Cote D'Azure.We have been there many times,but we are always short on time so will be good to see the places you have found at your leisure.And will be good to read all about the places you have visited.
How long have you left before you have to be home?
post #79 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 22:05

Personal Aire
Should have been home two weeks ago Joe but I forgot how far England is. My brain can only cope with doing 100 miles a week and most of that going around in circles. Some say there are autopistabn toll things that can get you home in hours but I've never found one. My sat nav just takes me down muddy lanes that end in geese farms.

I can live with that though.

I'll have to get home soon though as Teesdale will throw up the drawbridge for winter and I won't get back in.

I could live here though in the Dordogne, Lot or Lot et Garonne. I reckon d its a short winter

post #80 of 110 (permalink) Old 05-11-2015, 22:37

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
Barry, if you are in the Lot et Garonne - we are VERY near the Northern edge with the Dordogne....

BUT we don't have a muddy track leading to us 'cos the ;local Mairie drove up here along with 4 other "well-built" French wine lovers from the council and their car (a very old Renault) grounded in several places.....

three weeks later the whole road was resurfaced, so nice fairly smooth tarmac to us - of a standard that would not be found on many B or even sme A class roads in the UK as no-one ever wants to dig it up......

Dave

Thinking of ALL the front line staff working to try to help others;Doctors, nurses, paramedics, cleaners, NA's, catering staff, support services and all others. Their work is appreciated more than you can ever realise-keep strong and safe.

Remember Jo Cox and what she stood for.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page