Cite Europe Parking - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 17:20

My Motorhome: Adria vision I707SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jo662 View Post
We were at Cite Europe last night and there were no signs of any migrants.There were about 10 motorhomes there,and we had a good nights sleep.I know its not everyones cup of tea,but suits us when we have an early tunnel crossing.
I must confess I don't understand some motorhomers! You carry you own bed around so you can more or less stop were you want to, but you get of the ferry in the early hours and want to get your head down,
I like to get at least a hour or more under my belt before retiring, and that will be some where nice and quite, definitely not a shopping centre near a ferry terminal with the possible agro from immigrants, different stroke for different folks I suppose!
telbet and telbet like this.

Now reitired thank god , looking forward to flying when the weather is good or motorhoming when itīs not, just like to get away from it all now I can take it easy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 17:24

My Motorhome: Burstner Elegance 890i
Given the delays we experienced with the ferry at the end of July [ height of the french fishermans disputes ] we ended up arriving in Calais at 01.30 on a Sunday morning. Drove over to fuel up at Auchan as we always do, and after a bit of a look round couldn't see any migrants, so decided to give it a go and stop the night parked across from the petrol station.
No problems experienced and woke up refreshed ready for breakfast, now this is where I was disappointed....Auchan was closed till later in the morning.

Cheers

Ian
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 17:25

My Motorhome: Kontiki 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghigh View Post
I must confess I don't understand some motorhomers! You carry you own bed around so you can more or less stop were you want to, but you get of the ferry in the early hours and want to get your head down,
I like to get at least a hour or more under my belt before retiring, and that will be some where nice and quite, definitely not a shopping centre near a ferry terminal with the possible agro from immigrants, different stroke for different folks I suppose!
On the way out thats what we do,we only stay there on the way home.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 17:51

Quote:
Admittedly at the moment I would rule it out however I have stopped there many times in the past and it has always been surprisingly peaceful.
My question for you though is have you ever stayed there!!!
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 18:43

My Motorhome: Adria vision I707SG
No I haven't to be honest but dropped in for shopping last year in the afternoon and felt uncomfortable leaving the MH out of my sight because of so many young men wandering around,
I am on the tunnel this Thursday evening and will motor on into Belgium before deciding were to pull up for the night, if the going is easy I may well push on into the Netherlands, but that's the beauty of motorhoming you have many choices,
But we're ever I pull over it won't be in a large shopping centre, perhaps it's just me?

Now reitired thank god , looking forward to flying when the weather is good or motorhoming when itīs not, just like to get away from it all now I can take it easy.
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 18:46

Quote:
no i haven't to be honest but dropped in for shopping last year in the afternoon and felt uncomfortable leaving the mh out of my sight because of so many young men wandering around,
i am on the tunnel this thursday evening and will motor on into belgium before deciding were to pull up for the night, if the going is easy i may well push on into the netherlands, but that's the beauty of motorhoming you have many choices,
but we're ever i pull over it won't be in a large shopping centre, perhaps it's just me?

qed
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 19:25

My Motorhome: Carthago 148h
to be honest you perhaps have it more easy than some of the other members, you live in Kent therefore you are able to travel further. Some people have to work the day and then drive so require for safety reasons to stop without as you say pushing on. I have stayed at Cite Europe for the last 9 years and only felt uncomfortable on the way home in June and decided to leave. I only stay where I feel comfortable and I have experience after working over35years in security related situations. Next we will be saying don't stay on Aires or Stellplatz only use expensive campsites, to be honest the only time anyone attempted to get into our motorhome was on a campsite in the Vendee
Imbiber, Imbiber, jo662 and 1 others like this.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 20:04

My Motorhome: Chausson Welcome 85 2007
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geriatricbackpacker View Post
We at City Europe three weeks ago and it was very quiet, just one lad walking through (later saw him on the road outside the ferry terminal access road). Just do the usual checks under the van before you leave.
Much prefer to rattle over a couple of sleeping policemen. Or as they are known in France, UK Border Force!

I'm not signing anything.

The two impulses in travel are to get away from home, and the other is to pursue something - a landscape, people, an exotic place. Certainly finding a place that you like or discovering something unusual is a very sustaining thing in travel.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-09-2015, 21:04

My Motorhome: Hymer B644GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLS View Post
Anyone stopped overnight at the rear of Carrefour at Cite Europe recently , wondering if still safe with all the current reports in the news ? Heading over in a couple of weeks and always stay there on the first and last nights of the trip

Thanks Mark
We went out through the tunnel on the 1st of August and returned at the end of August, as others have said; it was quieter than usual (motorhomes) and we didn't have any issues at all, didn't see any immigrants but there was a slightly larger police presence than normal. no delays or anything, actually went through on an earlier train than our designated one in each direction.

Quote:
I'm not having a go at all but your post comes across as a little condescending, it's a 350 mile journey for us to get to the tunnel in Folkstone with two kids on board, we do it in one day to maximise the time in Europe so it's usually getting on when we arrive in France, the centre is well and truly closed and it's very peaceful. therefore we choose to stay at cite europe and have done for years, up in the morning to fill up with fuel (2 mins away at auchen) and decide where we are going this year.

On the way back home it's the equivalent; arrive at cite europe late in the evening, after filling up, in order to get an early train to the UK the next morning. this provides us with an early start from Folkstone in order to get home that day in a comfortable and safe manner.

Lee

P.S. we do have the advantage of being in the lake district in 15 minutes
Imbiber, Imbiber, zack and 5 others like this.

Last edited by lgbzone; 01-09-2015 at 21:06. Reason: to add P.S.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-09-2015, 10:06

My Motorhome: Laika H680 Ecovip
Being tired and driving on unfamiliar roads in the dark is a recipe for at least an argument with your co-pilot. I much prefer to drive on when we get across to France but when we have taken a late crossing I have opted to stay at Cite Europe as it is right on the doorstep. It also saves having to make grovelling apologies over breakfast!
Imbiber, Imbiber, lgbzone and 1 others like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page