Equihen Plage Aire tale of woe. - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

11Likes
  • 10 Post By Devonboy
  • 2 Post By MEES
  • 2 Post By cabby
  • 4 Post By eurajohn
  • 4 Post By Devonboy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 09:45 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: Rapido 9048DF
Equihen Plage Aire tale of woe.

The aires at Equihen Plage has been updated. Resurfaced, hedges planted, new service point and a barrier entry/exit system. Sadly you cannot park on the headland anymore.
To enter you need to enter your reg no and a ticket is printed out with an exit code then the barrier rises.
To exit you need to use your cc then enter the exit code, then the barrier rises.
Beware....I put in my cc & pin successfully, got a printed receipt then entered the exit code & up went the barrier. However as I have an A class with no drivers door & her indoors was in the passenger seat I entered the van via the hab door & by the time I got to the drivers seat to pull away the barrier had closed again. No problem I thought just enter the exit code again, but oh no the code was no longer valid as the system thought I had left. The only contact number was for the Mairie, closed at weekends.
However the barman at the bar on the corner of the main road kindly made some phone calls & eventually a nice man came & let me out
All this on a Sunday morning in the pouring rain....... oh how we did laugh....not!
MEES, MEES, philoaks and 7 others like this.

Dave.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-07-2015, 23:48

My Motorhome: Globecar Campscout
Send a message via AIM to MEES
One of our favorites
Devonboy and Devonboy like this.

Enjoying our motorhome travels in UK and Europe looking forward to our new van a Globemaster campscout
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 00:00

My Motorhome: Sold it.
Personal Aire
Next time either send out the mrs or let her drive.

cabby
Devonboy and Devonboy like this.

Don't be silly all the time ask your question.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 08:42 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEES View Post
One of our favorites
Yes was one of ours too. You may be a bit disappointed now, they have restricted the number of spaces & you cannot drive around the bend to park overlooking the headland. The service point has been replaced with a FlotBluePark system, you now have to use a token to empty the toilet cassette as well as access the fresh water & if the fresh water hose is not replaced properly it can fall down the grey waste point, no option to use your own hose........not an ideal design. I can see why they have gone automatic, a lot of vans used to leave at 8 am so as to miss the man who came to collect the 5 euros at 9 am.

Still a lovely spot though..................

Dave.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 09:47

My Motorhome: Pilote 733 FJ
Of no use to you now but I'd suggest the reason you had a problem was that you had parked the van too far away from the barrier.
Whenever using this style of aire payment system, drive right up to the barrier, then the system that realises there is a vehicle there will register and not allow the barrier to close until the system is cleared, that is how you can drive through as slowly as you like without the barrier coming down on your vehicle.

aldra, aldra, Devonboy and 1 others like this.

John
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-07-2015, 10:27 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurajohn View Post
Of no use to you now but I'd suggest the reason you had a problem was that you had parked the van too far away from the barrier.
Whenever using this style of aire payment system, drive right up to the barrier, then the system that realises there is a vehicle there will register and not allow the barrier to close until the system is cleared, that is how you can drive through as slowly as you like without the barrier coming down on your vehicle.

That was also my conclusion after the event. I thought I had stopped close to the barrier, but obviously not close enough..........lesson learnt.
eurajohn, eurajohn, MEES and 1 others like this.

Dave.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page