Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/)
-   France Touring (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/130-france-touring/)
-   -   Equihen Plage Aire tale of woe. (https://forums.motorhomefacts.com/130-france-touring/149850-equihen-plage-aire-tale-woe.html)

Devonboy 08-07-2015 09:45

Equihen Plage Aire tale of woe.

The aires at Equihen Plage has been updated. Resurfaced, hedges planted, new service point and a barrier entry/exit system. Sadly you cannot park on the headland anymore.
To enter you need to enter your reg no and a ticket is printed out with an exit code then the barrier rises.
To exit you need to use your cc then enter the exit code, then the barrier rises.
Beware....I put in my cc & pin successfully, got a printed receipt then entered the exit code & up went the barrier. However as I have an A class with no drivers door & her indoors was in the passenger seat I entered the van via the hab door & by the time I got to the drivers seat to pull away the barrier had closed again. No problem I thought just enter the exit code again, but oh no the code was no longer valid as the system thought I had left. The only contact number was for the Mairie, closed at weekends.
However the barman at the bar on the corner of the main road kindly made some phone calls & eventually a nice man came & let me out
All this on a Sunday morning in the pouring rain....... oh how we did laugh....not!

MEES 08-07-2015 23:48

One of our favorites :(

cabby 09-07-2015 00:00

Next time either send out the mrs or let her drive.:wink2:

cabby

Devonboy 09-07-2015 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by MEES (Post 1555994)
One of our favorites :(

Yes was one of ours too. You may be a bit disappointed now, they have restricted the number of spaces & you cannot drive around the bend to park overlooking the headland. The service point has been replaced with a FlotBluePark system, you now have to use a token to empty the toilet cassette as well as access the fresh water & if the fresh water hose is not replaced properly it can fall down the grey waste point, no option to use your own hose........not an ideal design. I can see why they have gone automatic, a lot of vans used to leave at 8 am so as to miss the man who came to collect the 5 euros at 9 am.

Still a lovely spot though..................

eurajohn 09-07-2015 09:47

Of no use to you now but I'd suggest the reason you had a problem was that you had parked the van too far away from the barrier.
Whenever using this style of aire payment system, drive right up to the barrier, then the system that realises there is a vehicle there will register and not allow the barrier to close until the system is cleared, that is how you can drive through as slowly as you like without the barrier coming down on your vehicle.

Devonboy 09-07-2015 10:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by eurajohn (Post 1556314)
Of no use to you now but I'd suggest the reason you had a problem was that you had parked the van too far away from the barrier.
Whenever using this style of aire payment system, drive right up to the barrier, then the system that realises there is a vehicle there will register and not allow the barrier to close until the system is cleared, that is how you can drive through as slowly as you like without the barrier coming down on your vehicle.

That was also my conclusion after the event. I thought I had stopped close to the barrier, but obviously not close enough..........lesson learnt.