French Passion with a WC? - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-03-2014, 14:30 Thread Starter

French Passion with a WC?

While researching French Passion sites I was directed to a post here but the thread dates from 2010, so I thought I had better ask my questions in a new post.

I understand about the sites being usually basic and free with the expectation or hope that produce will be purchased and that no services found on commercial campsites will be provided.

Is it necessary to register with some organisation first or can you just turn up?

The person I share my 'van with does not like to use its loo first thing in the morning

. Does the brochure of sites contain details about those that provide a loo for campers' use?

Autumn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-03-2014, 14:32

My Motorhome: AutoTrail V-Line 635 SE
Personal Aire
There you go......All about it.

http://www.france-passion.co.uk/?gcl...FWfLtAodGXEAMQ

John

For lust of knowing what should not be known
We take the Golden Road to..........................
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-03-2014, 15:32

My Motorhome: Adria vision I707SG
Just received my latest copy of French passion and it does include sites that have a WC but doesn't stipulate if a standard or footprint type,
But it includes a phone number so could be checked, should be anyway before turning up just in case their isn't sufficient room,

Now reitired thank god , looking forward to flying when the weather is good or motorhoming when it´s not, just like to get away from it all now I can take it easy.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-03-2014, 15:49

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,193 Times in 1,039 Posts
Personal Aire
If the person you share your van with isn't keen on using your loo first thing on a morning you should show them a few French toilets then I suspect they will suddenly find the prospect of doing the business in the Motorhome a much more preferable option!

Not stayed on many FP sites but I suspect you will be out of luck.

There is no easy way of asking this but why the problem just on a morning?

Just askin!

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-03-2014, 15:56

My Motorhome: Swift Kontiki 615
Personal Aire
We use FP sites frequently and many (in not most) have a normal style WC available - but of course we might just have been lucky....... We have never found anything other than the normal style WC though....

the welcome is real and some are in superb places,

we have NEVER been asked for the FP card, perhaps because we have the current year's sticker in the windscreen, but also possibly because they are keen to be able their produce for sale.....

We have bought some superb wines direct by that route at a good price (although similar bottles may be on sale cheaper in local hypermarkets where the hypermarket has done a deal to buy lots of the stock.....), but have not been pressurised into buying and at some have not where we did not like what they were offering (e.g organic pig meat at a very much premium price and actual products that we would not have eaten such as chitterlings).

It is worth trying, if after one years membership you do not fid them to be a good style that you like you do not renew. It is not expensive (the book probably costs about the same as one night at a CC site......).

Even if you pay for a site, you may well find that you do not exclusively have access to traditional style loos.........

Dave

Any typo that I make means the errorists win.

Any comments above are only MY OPINION and should be read as that.

http://www.leslezards.co.uk
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-03-2014, 15:57

Quote:
If the person you share your van with isn't keen on using your loo first thing on a morning you should show them a few French toilets then I suspect they will suddenly find the prospect of doing the business in the Motorhome a much more preferable option!

Not stayed on many FP sites but I suspect you will be out of luck.

There is no easy way of asking this but why the problem just on a morning?

Just askin!
Yes if it is that important most Aires are off your list as well, so I think you (or perhaps your companion) need to consider your priorities - to pay for facilities, or not.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-03-2014, 17:15

My Motorhome: Niesmann+Bischoff Arto 69GL (2003)
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinghigh
Just received my latest copy of French passion and it does include sites that have a WC but doesn't stipulate if a standard or footprint type,
But it includes a phone number so could be checked, should be anyway before turning up just in case their isn't sufficient room,
How many people do they allow in one cubicle at a time?

Sorry, I know you were trying to help, but couldn't resist it

Geoff
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-03-2014, 17:21
JP

Hi

Firstly I would never refer to them as a site, most are just a corner of a yard, area of grass in the corner of a field or the car park even less commercial than a CL in the UK.

Very often they will have a WC for the customers at their shop, vineyard or whatever, some are available only during opening hours other 24hr.

Most have an outside tap but few will have anywhere to empty but this isn't a problem as Aire de Service are located all over and most towns and large villages will have one.

I always offer my card but no one has ever looked at it but the sticker in the window is easy to see.
I am sure they wouldn't turn you away if you were not a member but for not much over £20 why wouldn't you join to keep the system going and without the book you would be lucky to find most.

Well worth the joining fee just for the people you meet, a great way to try nice wines, good food and improve your French.

James
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-03-2014, 19:39

We had to show our card at a site in the Champagne region once 2 or 3 years back - the owner said he had to record visitors' details for the FP inspectors visits???

We've rarely found toilets available - I've not checked in this year's book, but last year the toilet symbol in the book was very misleading - from memory, if the FP host shows a toilet symbol that means they don't have cassette emptying facility?

Bailey Approach 740

And I can't wait to get on the road again.
Goin´ places that I´ve never been.
Seein´ things that I may never see again
(Willie Nelson)
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 29-03-2014, 20:12

My Motorhome: Charisma
France Passion

Wow,I can't get my head around this! Is it you? Or your friend? That should stop going for the Vindaloo Curry whichever I don't want to follow you into the Loo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page