salzburg to villach on b roads . - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

3Likes
  • 2 Post By Jmdarr
  • 2 Post By darach
  • 2 Post By ozwhit

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 30-07-2015, 17:01 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: rapido 972m
salzburg to villach on b roads .

hi all were of to croatia on the 14 aug , with our new to us van over 3500kg , has anybody drove the route from salzburg to villach the border of slovenia , ive looked on google earth , it doesnt look too bad , im going to get a gobox for keeps just in case we ever get diverted , which tbh i dont mind , the difference between the toll road and b road is about 90mins . thanks in advance gary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 30-07-2015, 17:11

My Motorhome: Adria matrix
travelled that route years ago road was good don't know about now,have you been on the foreign office website about if you can travel that route into Croatia and if there are any warnings about travel.
Used that route to go to Greece.there is a blog on this website about going to greece and the route taken.
John and Angela
ozwhit and ozwhit like this.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2015, 09:59

Hi, we are going to Croatia this month also. We have done it before without a go-box but we didn't follow the A10 but went via Lienz down to Villach. from there we travelled into Slovenia over the Wurzen pass to Kranjska Gora. This route was pretty good except for the pass which is the steepest pass I have ever been up in our motorhome which was over 3.5. I would never use this pass again that is why I am doing the same as you this time and getting a go box, but I am planning to use quite a bit of the motorway through Austria and cross the border this time via the Karawanken tunnel. One problem we have found in Austria, nearly all non toll roads in to Austria have a 3.5 ton limit sign on them. In the past we have ignored them and not been stopped.
ozwhit and ozwhit like this.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-08-2015, 15:55 Thread Starter

hi darach , were going to follow the a10 on the b roads , its about 1 hour 40 more than the toll road , but weve got to use the karawanken , which will be deducted off the gobox , i personally dont like the a10 , and we nearly always end up diverting ,theres a nice stellplatz just off the a10 around bischofhofen we often use , will look out for the 3.5t signs when we pass them !!! il avoid that wurzen pass then , thanks for the info , regards gary
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 11:18

Hi, Gary
Have you got the details and co-ordinates for Bischofhofen stellplatz as I don't have a note of that one, might use it myself. Thanks
Derek
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-08-2015, 22:17 Thread Starter

hi derek , a few klms from the above, have stayed here twice , its a farm with hook up and services , easy ride into town , heres the details
kellerdorfl 18 ,5541,altenmarkt im pongau , osterriech ,its on promobil, if you have it ,but sign posted in town , regards gary
darach and darach like this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page