Mid March 1st trip to Austria & then Slovenia - Page 2 - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 07:03

My Motorhome: Rapido 691FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneT View Post
Where in Suffolk are you we are near Mildenhall.
We are in Bury St Edmunds, just up the road!

Zoppydog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 07:04

My Motorhome: Rapido 691FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryd View Post
Hi. Cant remember the route we did from Austria to Slovenia but it was the pass that takes you down into the Triglav National park in Slovenia and Lake Bled. I remember it being quite steep but a fairly major road so should be clear. Sorry I cant remember more.

There is some info and pics in our 2012 blog here for Austria and Slovenia. https://sites.google.com/site/hankte...og/summer-2012
Thanks Barryd, I will have a read

Zoppydog
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 09:27

Location: Richmond North Yorkshire or up an Alp. I like Guitar, Beer and flying around France on a Scooter
My Motorhome: A big White one.
Thanked 1,095 Times in 951 Posts
Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneT View Post
Looking at your blog it looks like you went through the Loibltunnel and over the pass. Did you go past the Concentration Camp? There are no steep roads going through the Karawanken Tunnel from Villach and is the most direct route to Lake Bled. We have been over 5 passes into Slovenia but would not drive with MH or Caravan over some of them. Going through the Karawanken Tunnel you need to get off the Autobahn and along the main road running alongside then you do not need a Vignette to get to Bled.
DianneT
Hi. I am useless at remembering routes but do remember a big tunnel and a motorway but I think that was going from the Halstatsee to southern Austria. There is a photo on the blog of me stood on the motorway having a cig where we were stuck for 2 hours as there was an accident in the tunnel.

I do remember avoiding the toll coming down to Bled but there was definitely a pass. Not a big one but a pass all the same and fairly steep.

Will see if I can retrace my route later.

Loved Austria. The lakes east of Salzburg are stunning

EDIT: Just noticed you cannot say the word F A G on here as in Cig! Good grief!

Follow our barmy adventures at Hank the Tanks Website or for really anarchic motorhome tomfoolery visit Motorhome Fruitcakes (Parental Guidance required)

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 18:39

There is another pass in Austria near to Italian border named Wurzen which goes into the Triglav National Park then you go East to Bled. Some very steep climbs on this pass but interestingly there is a Tank Museum you can visit on the way.
Slovenia is a lovely country we visit it and Tavisio in Italy from the campsite we stop at on Ossiachersee for the day. Both Countries are just 3o odd minutes from the Campsite.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 25-02-2015, 18:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoppydog View Post
We are in Bury St Edmunds, just up the road!
Oh very near to us at Barton Mills then.
Dianne

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page