Austria, Sportcamp Woferlgut - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 25-02-2014, 18:57 Thread Starter

Austria, Sportcamp Woferlgut

Hello,

has anybody been to this site recently? I am going to give myself a steady 3 1/2 days from Calais to drive down. I am over 3.5t but I don't think I will need a go box as its not far from the border to stay off the motorways.

Spence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 25-02-2014, 19:04

Hello Spence,

Don't forget you'll still need snow tyres and chains whichever roads you drive on in Austria, its the law and heavy fines if you don't comply.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 25-02-2014, 20:11

We stayed there last year en-route to Slovenia, as the campsite on Zel Am See was full.

We were in the overflow area, which is through a tunnel under the main road and near the lake / tennis courts. That area was great, but we thanked out lucky stars we weren't in general population as it was a bit tight. However, it was middle of summer!

Bottom two pics on this post:
http://www.europebycamper.com/2013/0...sportcamp.html

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-03-2014, 23:15 Thread Starter

Hello,

booked 5 nights via Eurocamp independent.

How easy is it to stay away from motorways / tolls as I am over 3.5t so will need a GO box not vignette.
Spence
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 09:08

We have been several times to Sportcamp Woferlgut including last May. It is an excellent site with superb ablutions (marble surfaces & "gold plated" taps) and a very good restaurant. Even at the new ACSI price of 18 euro off season it is good value.

Kenp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg zel_am_see_819.jpg (316.8 KB, 1 views)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 20:05 Thread Starter

Evening,

I am over 3.5t so technically need a go-box for Austria but looking at Autoroute I will drop into Austria from Munich and down to Sportcamp Woferlgut without using a toll road.

I would like to go up the grossglockner which is a toll road. Can I buy a separate toll for this road or do I have to have a go-box to use it?

I have checked my V5 and it does not have the CO2 figure so thanks to another post on this site I will arrange for the information to be sent to me incase I do need the go box.

I would like to go to Salzburg on the way out of Austria.

Also In Germany do i need LEZ sticker for towns being a Euro 5 engine? I am only at Sportcamp for 5 nights out of my 16 night break so lots time to drive up through Bavaria and some of Germany on the way back.

Thanks

Spence
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 20:16

Spence:

If you have a Sat Nav where you can specify 'avoid toll roads' you should be fine - just take your time. A couple of summers ago we drove through Austria in our 3.5+ ton van to Zell am See then over the GrossGlockner pass to Italy without a GoBox.

But when we returned in the winter we bought a gobox to use the autoroutes in case the 'side roads' were tricky with snow/ice.

I don't know when you're planning to go but there might still be snow around? Also the GrossGlockner pass is shut from October to May.

Rgds
CD
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 20:21 Thread Starter

Thanks Uncle,

We will be there at the end of July / August.

Spence.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page