Up to your conscious re different Toll systems in Europe - Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 23-09-2013, 09:39 Thread Starter

Up to your conscious re different Toll systems in Europe

I have started a new thread on this matter just to air the topic again. Sorry to be a pain!

Having followed many different threads on travelling through various countries in Europe and the problems of having to purchase Go box's etc. as opposed to a Vignette.

If you have MH <3500kg no problem you purchase a Vignette. If you have MH >3500kg that looks their size i.e. that is well over 3500kg and may have 3 axles again no problem you have to purchase a Go box.

Can you however possibly get away ( and I mean get away with perhaps not totally legally!!) with the below situation...... and have members done it when going through these European countries

What about MH that were <3500kg but have been re-plated as to say 3570kg. These by all looks are still "small" i.e look as if they are <3500kg MH. The only giveaway is the plate on the door. However no Toll booth attendant asks to see any paperwork as to the actual plating of your MH. Remember there are no weigh bridges on the toll booths!

Is it up to the conscious of the individual either to go with a Vignette or purchase a Go box in these situations??

Any comments on this issue will help a lot of MHF members I am sure

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 23-09-2013, 09:46

I seem to remember a weigh bridge we were diverted off the main carriageway and drove over slowly. I believe it was all vehicles over 2.6t or similar. This was coming in from Slovenia so might just be there. I certainly didn't see any more. We are 3.5t and had a vignette.

Gary.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 23-09-2013, 09:53

I am plated at 4250, and was also pulling a 6m trailer, height is 3.1m length 7.7m

I have traveled France, Spain, Holland, Luxemburg, Germany, I usually get charged as a class 2 when on the Toll road

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 23-09-2013, 10:01

Re: Up to your conscious re different Toll systems in Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by altom
I have started a new thread on this matter just to air the topic again. Sorry to be a pain!

Having followed many different threads on travelling through various countries in Europe and the problems of having to purchase Go box's etc. as opposed to a Vignette.

Is it up to the conscious of the individual either to go with a Vignette or purchase a Go box in these situations??

Any comments on this issue will help a lot of MHF members I am sure

thanks
This is worth a read.

http://www.asfinag.at/documents/1018...e-6fc7e2f9d5db

If you want to take a chance on a fine up to Eu 3000 then your law breaking could be very expensive.

AFAIK the Go boxes are available in the service areas and not in the Toll Booths

There are numerous gantry's along the toll roads all fitted with cameras.

There are also many special areas on the Autobahn where the police regularly pull in HGV's etc for full checks.

If you have a Go Box you do not pay the tunnel tolls and use the lane
avoiding the booth.

There are "N" roads allowing you to avoid the Autobahns which are usually clear of snow.

Which moves us nicely on to the Mandatory winter tyres between Nov and March!!!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page