Join Date: May 2005
Location: Home is where I park it.
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bought new April 2008 - Here is the list of problems so far, I have spoken to Colin Treacher at Autotrail and they are not interested his attitude was "go see your dealer" I regard this as their problem.
[[Your 1st contact with any supplier should be the dealer[/color]
1. Leaking hot water pipe
2. Electric doorstep to habitation door has failed to retract, this has happened three times and is as we speak being repaired yet again.
3. Light in lounge not working
4. Water pump needed replacing
5. Shower tray faulty and we had to wait six weeks for a replacement and the new one is far from satisfactory.
6. Truma heater incorrectly installed i.e. not enough ventilation to unit so unit overheats cuts out even though it is cold inside the van.Have you checked to see if your duvet is blocking/covering the thermostat sensor which is at the side of the bed?
7. Heating is not balanced, it warms up the bathroom and bedroom but not the Lounge. The boiler is situated at the furthest point from the lounge, therefore will not heat up as efficiently as th areas nearer to the boiler. All vans are the same
8. I was led to believe we could use the vehicle in winter but recently whilst in France the water system became frozen and the tank drain off pipe burst. It depends what you class as winter. Average UK temperatures are usually ok but in extremes there will be problems. The van would have been fine in winter as stated, if you been in Spain for example. There has to a certain amount of understanding. We used our van all over the new year period at up to -8 without a problem.
9. Door to bedroom won't close If the van is cold and "dampish" then wooden doors do expand. the door will close again in the drier weather. Again common problem in a lot of vans
10. After five days on a campsite the vehicle would not start due to a flat battery - Fiat camper assistance had no idea why. Did you use the radio a lot, or leave the rear view monitor switched on?
11. Bathroom fittings constantly vibrate loose and fall off These are supplied loose for the dealer to fit[b][i]
12. Metal stays underneath the vehicle which supports the cills vibrate loose
13. TV monitor sometimes won't work Do you switches in correct positions?
14. Mains/Consumer control unit needed replacing
15. Waste water tank guage only reads empty or full or in other words states the bloody obvious and is no use at all in determining what room is left inside the tank. Waste tanks generally read 0% 50% or full. again common to lots of vans
16. Water leaking from fridge Is the temperature set tool low?
17. Intermittent fault on fridge What is the fault?
18. Rooflights require so much force to close them properly that it feels as though the handle will snap off They are stiff
Points 2,4,14,17,18 All of these products are bought in by Autotrail and only fitted by them. Can you be a little more specific on the "faults" so better advice may be given?
You have not disclosed the name of the dealer. If they are less than satisfactory, which it seems they are, take it to another dealer. Write to Autotrail and tell them what problems you have and what you have done about it and why you are approaching another dealer. Autotrail are a very reasonable company and will sort out your problems IF the dealer cannot. Your contract is with the dealer, not with Autotrail.
The manner in which you approach the problem can either help or hinder the effective solution.
Be seeing you! No. 6