User Tag List

10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 08:34 Thread Starter

My Motorhome: I drive...Auto Trail Navajo
Personal Aire
Sleeping tablets

Zolpidem 10 mg.

I have decided I shouldn't take anymore, although itīs only on the odd occasion when I do, maybe every 2-3 weeks for one night, but I realised yesterday, after taking one Tuesday (the night before) the next day not only do I feel tired all the time, but depressed as well, something I normally would not suffer from. Each time I take them the next day I am very weepy and quite miserable the mind being set on one thing.

I know one to two of you do take sleeping tablets so are you also affected like this?
Maybe if I changed to something else I wouldn't get these effects.
Itīs only when I am desperate for an undisturbed nights sleep I succumb to taking one.

I'm Jan
We learn something new every day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 09:35

Location: Normandy. Just up the D903 from the roundabout with the D15
My Motorhome: Hobby 750 now sold.
Send a message via Skype™ to raynipper
Personally Jan the only time I take anything to sleep is when I have pain or irritation and one Tramadol does the trick. But it's rare and now the melanoma scars are healing hardly necessary.

Ray.

The FSA licensed a twice convicted fraudster to handle our lifeīs savings. Guess what? He robbed us of £750,000. http://raynipper.com
Brexit is madness orchestrated by the insane.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 13:25

My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
I've some ancient Temazepam that I'd considered taking as my hip has prevented a decent night's sleep for quite some time. Having read your experience Jan, I shall continue to resist.
raynipper and JanHank like this.

Jean

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 18:00

My Motorhome: Adria coral supreme
There are numerous types of sleeping tablets Jan

You need to speak to your GP , a different tablet may suit

Itís not something Iíve ever taken, I donít sleep well but I love to read in bed , so thatís what I do and I have no set time to get up

What about a herbal remedy which you can safely take every night ?

Maybe that would help you establish a pattern of rest

I discuss it with you GP

Sandra
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 18:52 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra View Post
There are numerous types of sleeping tablets Jan

You need to speak to your GP , a different tablet may suit

Itís not something Iíve ever taken, I donít sleep well but I love to read in bed , so thatís what I do and I have no set time to get up

What about a herbal remedy which you can safely take every night ?

Maybe that would help you establish a pattern of rest

I discuss it with you GP

Sandra
My non sleeping has been discussed with GPīs and experts, I know there are thousands if not millions in the same boat as me and you with no explanation or cure.
It isnīt something new, but I thought these tablets were at least giving me a few hours sleep in one go, but I would rather go without than suffer for it.

I'm Jan
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 19:18

So try a herbal remedy

Youíve nothing to loose

Sandra
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-06-2020, 19:21 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldra View Post
So try a herbal remedy

Youíve nothing to loose

Sandra
As I am not going anywhere at the moment it will have to wait, unless I can get them off the internet, Iīll have a look tomorrow, going to watch Goliath on Prime now.
aldra likes this.

I'm Jan
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 07:25

I have taken Zopiclone on and off for a while. The doctors, now, are not keen on prescribing them as all the Z drugs, as they call them, can be very addictive. I once had a discussion about how dangerous could it be to be addicted to a good nights sleep!
Due to doctor reluctance I am not taking it at the moment. They do have side effects and drowsiness is an obvious one but, by their very nature, I would assume that feeling depressed might be another. I have never had any side effects. My dose is very small and I even cut that in half! The main side effect of that one is dry mouth. If I took more of it then depression might be another one? You could try cutting the dosage?

I never need help with going to sleep. It is those middle of the night wake ups that are so awful. My doctor was all for me trying the herbal remedies and he also suggested Phenergan which is an anti histamine that causes drowsiness. None of those worked for me but I have good reports of them.

Sleep disorders are very common and very varied. Mine, I believe, is caused by anxiety. I worry over forgetting things that need to be done and all sorts of other silly things that do not seem silly at 3am! If I write things down before sleep I will still wake up with another thing and fret about it. I problem solve for England when I wake up too. At the moment I am on Amitriptyline which is now used as a pain killer but was marketed, first, as some sort of anti anxiety medication. I do get sciatica and other aches etc when I wake up, which also prevent me going back to sleep, so the doctor thought they would help. My pattern now is to take it before bed, I still wake up (!) but Co Codamol will help me go back to sleep. I am now completely used to waking up in the middle of the night but cannot bear to stay awake waiting for sleep to come.

My advice would be to delve into why you are not sleeping and deal with that. I am, when things permit, going to go back to a therapist, who offers hypnosis, as all the research I have done leads me to believe it would be the best for me. She uncovered a load of childhood stuff that is at the root of my anxieties. I am, now, able to talk about them and so I think a few more sessions might give me the tools to sleep more than 4 hours in one go! Talking of 4 hours - there is a theory that in cave men days we only slept for 4 hours before waking and then going back for another 4. That theory helps me feel better at 3am
The Following User Says Thank You to patp For This Useful Post:
aldra (05-06-2020)
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 10:28

Well thatís certainly my pattern pat

Three to four hours ,wake refreshed and settle for a good read before dozing off for a couple or so hours
more

In between I elbow Albert to stop him snoring, either that or he whistles each time he exhales

It is a problem if you wake feeling anxious and uneasy as 3am is a perfect time to worry about things over which you have no control

Sandra
patp likes this.
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-06-2020, 11:00 Thread Starter

Personal Aire
https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/sleep-aids

I wonder if the first one may benefit me because it was in the menopause years when it all started.

Iīm not going to any medical surgeries at the moment, in fact not going anywhere there are people.
I think I have been suffering with the problem and seen enough medics to know I am really a hopeless case.

I also seem to be dreaming the whole night long, I dream of people I havenīt seen or even thought of for years.
I dreamt of someone I havenīt seen or thought of since I was a teenager, a few days later I saw his brothers name on facebook.
The brother I dreamt of has been dead for many years.
patp likes this.

I'm Jan
The Following User Says Thank You to JanHank For This Useful Post:
rws4711 (06-06-2020)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Motorhome Forums, Motorhome Discussion, Motorhome Chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page