Join Date: Jun 2007
My Motorhome: Hymer Exsis-i 504
Thanked 391 Times in 375 Posts
Vaccinations for EU trip.
I had an appointment with a travel specialist in Boots today re vaccination requirements. The countries I enquired about were:
Russia (St Petersburg)
Recommendations (using a computer program) are:
1. HepA and HepB (not sure if I have immunity there - I had jaundice aged 12)
2. Rabies (high risk in Poland, Lithuania and Russia apparently)
3. Tick-borne Encephalitis, TBE
4. MMR - measles, mumps, rubella (I've had measles n rubella, not sure about mumps)
5. DTP - Diphtheria, tetanus, polio. I had diphtheria as a child, had tetanus jab about 10yrs ago and polio in 1996 (tho maybe that should be TB jab - when my BIL's TB returned)
This seems like overkill to me and I'd be inclined to go for a tetanus booster and MAYBE the TBE?
Any thoughts on the matter?